Thread: God Almighty!

God Almighty!

Ok, I know I often have good things to say about the gear I try, and once or twice I get to uses pedal enough to find its actual flaws and I eventually ditch it. It happened to the MXR ‘78 Distortion, which at first I liked a lot but then found lacking what my RAT gives me.

Other gear like the Proco RAT itself I learned to love and always will use. Maybe the best dirt pedal ever to my ears.

But. A BIG but.

I got this in a deal and OH MY. I mean GOD DAMN!

This pedal is the most BADASS fuzz I’ve ever used. And I mean the fuzz, let alone the

I am going to ditch my entire pedal chain and play it straight into the cranked amp, with just a wah on the side. Volume does the rest. Old school. This little blue box really makes a Strat come alive.

Re: God Almighty!

I like Fulltone products. I have their Robin Trower Overdrive, as well as their Mini DejáVibe 3. Both are well made and live up to their promise.

Congrats. I have their OCD, which is an essential part of my pedalboard now.

Whenever I hear someone using an octave pedal, I think, I gotta have one of those. I'll be interested in what you think about it once you've gigged with it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've had two Octafuzzes. The first one was awesome and I foolishly sold it. The second didn't sound great at all. My favorite fuzz (my favorite pedal, actually) is my big box Fulltone '69 Pedal.

I have a few other Fulltone pedals- a Mini Deja Vibe, an older Clyde wah, a Soul-Bender, and an OCD V2 (I prefer it over the earlier versions).
    Last edited by Don; 05-13-2020 at 09:17 AM.

I can't surmise why one of yours was a lemon, Don. Maybe you used it along with different gear or maybe one of them had a bad component (it happens!).

As a matter of fact it's such a simple circuit, but man, it does deliver tone!

I am still getting along with it but I tell you guys, if you're into classic rock and want to write some fuzzy bluesy songs, this one is an instant lottery win.

Very cool fuzz tones in that little blue box. A true keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I can't surmise why one of yours was a lemon, Don. Maybe you used it along with different gear or maybe one of them had a bad component (it happens!).

As a matter of fact it's such a simple circuit, but man, it does deliver tone!

I am still getting along with it but I tell you guys, if you're into classic rock and want to write some fuzzy bluesy songs, this one is an instant lottery win.

Very cool fuzz tones in that little blue box. A true keeper.
    It's such a simple circuit that a single part slightly out of spec will really throw it off. On the other hand, when you get it right, it can be pretty amazing. Another factor is that my '69 Pedal is amazing. I feel about it what you feel about this pedal and that's after owning it for almost 20 years!