Thread: 335 Frustration

335 Frustration

I completely understand why companies make far few lefty models. We're a minority, and we obviously count as a small percentage of their sales.

From time to time, I get very frustrated. Last year and this year, Gibson has made no lefty 335s. When they do offer lefties, you get a choice of either cherry or tobacco sunburst as colors, standard features. I want a natural finish on mine, and I'd like more choice of specs.

Occasionally, Gibson will make a special run, but then we're talking $5000 or more.

I don't want a used 335 because I want to break it in myself, and if there are any scratches, then I want to put them there. So I'm dependent on Gibson's eventual production of lefty models, however far in the future it will be.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: 335 Frustration

The best thing I ever did as a lefty was learn how to play the guitar righty!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    The best thing I ever did as a lefty was learn how to play the guitar righty!
    Me, too!

I like the oddity of being a lefty, and I've been lucky to amass a nice little collection of lefty models. I get a little frustrated about the 335. It's the last electric on my decades old list of the guitars I wanted.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison