Thread: Fender Sidekick 65 SS Amp - Need Specs and Your Expert Opinions Please!

Forum Member

Fender Sidekick 65 SS Amp - Need Specs and Your Expert Opinions Please!

Just scored a 1985 Sidekick 65 MIJ, and plan to replace the speaker and reverb tank.
    I downloaded the manual but there was no spec sheet. I need to know the speaker and reverb tank specs so I can get replacements on the way.
    Meanwhile, does anyone here have experience and opinions about the Sidekick 65???

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Fender Sidekick 65 SS Amp - Need Specs and Your Expert Opinions Please!

Can't say anything definitive about the Sidekick 65 but I did own a Sidekick Switcher for several trouble-free years. It was an '87 or '88 edition, made in Taiwan. It made some decent sounds both clean and over-driven, with a decent reverb and a headphone jack. The only discrepancy I ever noted was, the "presence" and "reverb" control labels were transposed on the front panel. About 35 watts, it was surprisingly loud. I don't know about the reverb tank itself but it was a miniature Accutronics type, secured vertically to the side of the cab's interior. The OEM speaker was a Fender-marked special design Eminence which didn't sound half bad. There's little literature to be found on these imported models as FMIC pretty much disavowed ever manufacturing them once their newly-introduced American-built products became available.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."