Thread: Sunday Thread, May 3rd, 2020

Sunday Thread, May 3rd, 2020

I swear I'm not racing to be first, so next week, I'll wait until someone else starts the thread.

Good morning. It is a beautiful morning here, and like yesterday, it's going to be over 80 degrees today. Sunshine and blue skies.

I haven't seen my kids since the middle of March. My 58th birthday is on Saturday, and so we've decided to see each other and just keep our distance. My daughter works at a pharmacy and is in contact with sick people all day long, and she doesn't want to take a chance on passing the virus on to me. I don't care about my birthday, but I'm glad it's giving me an excuse to see the kids. I also have to go to Memphis on Wednesday, and I'll see them then as well.

I have really been digging my Ric 330 and playing it through the AC30. Same with playing it through my little Ibanez TubeScreamer amp. I took the Ric and Ibanez and sat on my back deck to play. Very pleasant.

Have a great day, guys. Hope everyone is well.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread, May 3rd, 2020

Good morning! You beat me by just a few minutes, Willie. It's late for me -- I'm not one for sleeping in, but I have absolutely NOTHING on my schedule or to-do list today, so I figured why not? Like you, I haven't seen my grandkids and their family since March 3. I went away on vacation and returned to everyone quarantining themselves! I speak with them via phone, and we've had a couple of FaceTime chats, but those aren't really good substitutes.

I will say that I've taken some major leaps in my guitar playing during all this. I've added at least four new songs to my repertoire, including the one that makes me smile with the timeliness of it, Duke Ellington's "Don't Get Around Much Anymore." That's the songtrack to my days now...

Yesterday was a picture perfect weather day. It will be more cloudy with possible scattered showers today, so I'll keep my eyes peeled on the sky and try to get outside during a dry period. Other than that, it's sit, play, watch the tube, and try to forget that every day is now beginning to look and feel like the other. Be well, everyone. Wash your hands.

OS, it's great that you've taken this time to learn and improve you're playing. I've been working on my pick hand rhythm and finger picking. I am seriously deficient there, and at my age, I'm still eager to play better so that when I record my songs, I can do what I hear in my head.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Little planned today - mow the lawn if it dries out enough from last night. Have a great week everybody!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Going to be the second of two beautiful sunny warm spring days here in the Deep North. Of course the madding crowds were out and about barely distancing themselves. Yikes!

After knocking a bunch of stuff off my to-do list and after tuning up my motorcycle, installing new tires and brake pads and finally installing a set of bar risers that I bought 6-7 years ago, I went out on a nice long ride. Fresh rubber, fresh oil and the risers made it feel like a new bike.

Probably more of the same today!

Forum Member

I slept in this morning, almost 7:00 before I woke up. I got the cooler started yesterday, cleaned, oiled, and I think the pads will make another year, the pump is dead though, need to get one today.
    My granddaughter and her husband came in yesterday, we hadn't seen our newest "bisnieta" my wife held her as much as she could, and played a lot with the 2 year old. They have been in Tulsa, but wanting to get closer, not a good time to be prospecting for work!
    The kids want to go shooting today, guess they haven't been somewhere to shoot rifles since they were here last! I'll call my brother in law, maybe we'll organize an outing/picnic this afternoon. (I probably have a dozen water jugs, my granddaughter always gets a kick out of shooting them 100+ yards away!)

I'm about to go out and blind the populace with my white WHITE fish belly legs, wearing shorts for the first time (going to gym at night before they got shut down doesn't count). This is for real wearing

I wish I had been playing but this shutdown wasn't all that much of a change for me apart from not going out to eat. Until 2 weeks ago I was all about emptying the house and getting it fixed up. Now it's in the hands of the real estate agent and the flaky buyers. Shudder. Can I say that I loathe HGTV?

Oops, ran out of one of my eye drops this morning. Totally did not look at my spreadsheet and realize that it was a day past the expected finish date. My record keeping is pretty accurate but it won't help if I don't read it.

after I get some walking in, going to make a trip to the storage area, bring back the rest of my guitars and amps, and if room in the car allows, the stuff I'm expecting to put in my rack stand, which should be here by Friday to the following Monday. I know a lot of people have been complaining about their shipments being late but so far most of mine have been on time and even early.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It's a beautiful day here! Yesterday was beautiful too! I'm off this week so I can relax a bit and enjoy the day.

Got a car full of guitars, now to smuggle them into the building preferably with the fewest eyeballs noticing as possible. I grabbed a couple boxes of pedals and other guitar gear. I'll probably move my car from the garage to a space near our handy access door in the morning. I can't park out there after 5 PM because I'm supposed to leave the surface spaces for the folks who don't have garage passes.

If I use the downstairs side entrance, it's less than 100 yards to my door. If I go through the garage elevator and through all the halls, it's over a quarter mile and a second elevator. This really is a pretty neat location for an apartment and I think we were really lucky.

I got up in the windowsill this morning, opened the window and sat there while having coffee. It was really nice.

The next trip will be to get the rest of the amps and start looking for the rack gear in anticipation of my new studio desktop rack. Then wire the lights, bring the books and magazines and load the bookcases. About the last thing will to bring the stereo stuff in so I can listen to music via something other than my computer's speakers or headphones.