Thread: Blue Angels and Thunderbirds

Blue Angels and Thunderbirds

Just saw The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do a flyover here near what used to be NAS Atlanta, Dobbins AFB, and Lockheed.

Thought it was worth posting, and thanks to our healthcare workers, and first responders.

Cheers,
    vinyl

Re: Blue Angels and Thunderbirds

I miss the Pease AFB airshows, they had the Blue Angels last time I was there. One of my favorite passes was when one plane went as low and as slow as possible, basically hopping along nose up, the crowd is gawking at this. A second plane flies by at just under the speed of sound and you see the entire crowd nearly fall over like blades of grass before a leafblower.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I miss the Pease AFB airshows, they had the Blue Angels last time I was there. One of my favorite passes was when one plane went as low and as slow as possible, basically hopping along nose up, the crowd is gawking at this. A second plane flies by at just under the speed of sound and you see the entire crowd nearly fall over like blades of grass before a leafblower.
    They had them at Otis AFB on Cape Cod, too.
    One year we were on my Dad's boat nearby and saw a B-52 taking off right over our heads.
    Then a few years back, when Obama was in office, we saw Air Force One coming in for a landing, then a couple weeks later, saw it leaving, with the C17s
    with Secret Service, vehicles, etc taking off afterwards.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

They did a flyover today in Baltimore and Washington, D. C. today, as well. Their path was too far to the south of where I am, but I was outside hoping to catch a glimpse, or maybe just a little jet engine roar. The weather today is picture perfect, so even though I didn't see the flyover, it was well worth getting outdoors for ANY reason!