Thread: My Left Handed 2005 Fender Stratocaster 'Ash Cherry-Burst Deluxe'

My Left Handed 2005 Fender Stratocaster 'Ash Cherry-Burst Deluxe'

' (Part.1)

Haven't been on here for a while & yet, since joining back in 2005 (15-yrs ago), I've never shown ANY of my guitars

As it's late into the night/Early hours of the morning here, I'll just add a few pix, initially **

** (Although I can 'add a few on', later, retrospectively, after I've churned-out some blurb/explanation & maybe a question, too)

I'd been a Fender-owner/player since 4th November 1978, when I bought my first ever Fender, a (then new), 1977 CBS Ash/Blonde Telecaster.

See, back when I was just 17, I'd set my heart out on owning just TWO things.....

A Suzuki GS.750 in Black (with subtle Blue/Gold pinstriping), plus a Left-Handed Fender Stratocaster.

Never did get them, back then, at 17, but my heart ached for both !!!

Nine years later, I bought a BEAUTIFUL & stunning (near-new), Suzuki GS.1000-E, the bigger-brother of the GS.750

(so in fact, surpassed my expectations there !)

However, I stuck by my lovely Ash-Blond CBS Telecaster, for another full 23-years AFTER purchase !

Did NOT diminish my yearning for a full-blooded USA Strat' though....... (BTW, my Tele' was also a full-on USA model)

Hindsight is SUCH a wonderful thing & "if" I could turn back the clock, I would NEVER have P/x'ed my dear ol' Tele' ***

(*** for a brand-new, 'shop-soiled' N.O.S "Olympic-White" 1999 USA Ash-Blonde Stratocaster, but that's another story)

The "Olympic-White" 1999 (described above), was my first-ever "full-blooded" USA Straocaster & I damn well LOVED IT !!!!

Now, moving on to my FOURTH Stratocaster, which "is" the subject of this thread......

I'd always fancied a 'Deluxe', but trouble was, being 'Left-Handed', our choices back then, were limited.

Add to that, the geographical seperation of the Atlantic Ocean, you'll see that choices for the L/H player, were/are VERY limited

Originally I'd asked for the (rarer), 'Honey-Blonde' & Black hardware (plate/dials) "Deluxe", but was told "An awful long wait......Zzzzzzzz"

(Like, as in, Grow a ZZ-Top like beard, x 4 & then some !!!!!!!!)

When I phoned a well-known UK-dealer (who WAS still trading, back then), they told me....... (We CAN get the 'Ash-Cherry-burst')

I wanted to try it out & of course, liked it, noticing a few varying differences from the 'other three' USA Strat's that I already had.....

Cost pretty-much DOUBLE what I'd paid for my 2nd USA (Alder, Black/Maple/Parchment), Strat', so the extra cost WAS notable !!!!!

Wasn't too sure about the S.1 switching system - seemed a bit of a gimmick, to me, but has settled since.

The overall finish was just STUNNING - nothing but "praise" from me, regading ALL of my "Corona" built Strats (No 'Covid.19' puns, please !) Hahaha

Playability wuz pretty-much what I'd expected........ Although THE most noticable (for me) was the deeper-radius neck, so different from my others.

(Cont'd over to next-post.....

Re: My Left Handed 2005 Fender Stratocaster 'Ash Cherry-Burst Deluxe'

'
    (Continued as 'Part.2)

Two things that I DID NOT LIKE about it......

1, It had that (daft), poncy-looking 'Pearloid-Pickguard', in speckled-white.

I've bought another replacement "official Black/Moto" from another L/H Deluxe & S.1 dials to match (But not yet fitted)

2, One thing that really grated me, was the case ; The regular 'violin-case' of that era, but NO 'facing' & therefore cheaper.....

Yeah, sure = Ya DON'T "play the case", but, FFS = It's a "DELUXE", so I'm NOT expecting a poncy 'low-rent' case (rant over)

Anyways, I bought it back in the same year that I joined THIS forum, back in 2005 (Both)

Doesn't get much use these days, mainly due to change of circumstances, BUT, I'll never let it go !!!!!!

Right, lastly, a "Fact", followed by a question, for ALL you lads out there on the USA/American sub-continent.

Back in the first-decade of THIS particular century, I was very much 'clued-in' on price-lists/production, etc....

Having our U.K "Fender Rep" (back then), living VERY locally, helped me to "keep my finger on the pulse" as it were

Regular Annual catalogues, plus access to official U.K pricelists helped me to keep tabs on the Fender U.K market.

Now, what DID come very much as a surprise, was that, as far as the U.K market was concerned......... (the following....)

Fender U.K & Fender Europe, "dropped" the 'Cherry-Burst-Ash-Deluxe' IN LEFT-HANDED** ONLY - (**take note/NOT in R/H)

Even back then, I was told that (within just two years, by 2007), that it WAS a rare-beast (the L/H version), in Europe

Hell, all the other versions (the 'Honey-Blond-Black' plus the 'Black & Gold' (scratchplate/pickguard) version, were even more rare

L/H guitar players (over here), always DID get a (much more) "raw-deal", selection-wise.

So then ; Whilst the/your Right-Handed 'Cherry-Burst-Ash-Deluxe'(s) are clearly NOt rare (or are they?), THIS one certainly is.

Here, in Europe, it had a 'official' life (the L/H version, remember), of just 2-3 years = 2004/2005 & maybe, just maybe 2006

Anyways chaps (& Lasses)

I'll furnish some photo's of it here, because as yet, it is STILL in "standard/as-bought" condition & might be of 'visual interest' (?)

As it's now around 4.am onwards & the sun'll be coming-up soon = I'll add MORE pix, HERE, to this first-post (within thread)

So, DO keep checking back here (to the first post), "if" that is, it merits any interest to my 'Fender Bretheren' on here

Cheers, "Hawny" (HawnDawg, UK)

Photo's to be added, when I've re-sized 'em to the forum's req'd sizes..... Thanks.

(As my Nikon is a 24m pix, so they're a whopping great-big '6,000pixels' EACH !

'

Well, Here's the bike, my beautiful Suzuki GS.1000-E - Easy upload, as it was already on my 'Flickr' account.

Hornchurch's SUZUKI GS.1000-E - File0001 (3) by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

However, it would appear that I've NOT (as yet), uploaded the shots/photo's that I've taken (few years ago), of the 'Ash Deluxe'

Patience please folks, I'll get there eventually - here, forgot that THIS forum DOES NOT have it's own "photo-uploader" for P.C's

U.R.L's, "Yes", but it doesn't "do" yer own computer, nor stuff from your own 'hard-drive', straight-out onto the forum.... Hence, 'Flickr'

More photographs to come, but this time, of the 2005 "Cherry Burst Ash Deluxe", in question......

'

Here she is, back in the summer of 2015 - (when she was 10 years old, laughs, like a 10-year old Daughter !)

Back then, I was taking these shots, purely for 'insurance purposes' (Home-insurance, potential theft, etc)

Mind you, having a brand-new camera helped...... (A Nikon D.5300, in what Ken Rockwell called 'A Ghastly Crimson Red' )

Shots ARE a bit 'Dark' I'm afraid, but that's because I was trying out different settings, plus the D.5300 was about 1.week-old, to me !

by Hornchurch_Aerodrome,

by Hornchurch_Aerodrome,

by Hornchurch_Aerodrome,
    Last edited by Hornchurch; 04-26-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Hey, fellow Lefty! Glad t see your posts.

I keep a pretty close eye on Fender products, and I can't believe that they had them on offer. I think you're really lucky to have that model.

Your Strat is stunning.

I have a left handed 2008 Amtd Strat and 2012 AmStd Telecaster. I can't decide which one I'd take to a desert island. I'll love one for 3 months and ignore the other, and then vice verse. Right now, I'm into my Strat. I play it through a Deluxe Reverb RI, and recently I got a Vox AC30, and it's such a different amp. The Strat sounds great through it. Amazing how much it shines on these both of these amps.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison