Thread: Guitar Pro 7.5

Guitar Pro 7.5

I couldn't choose which subsection to put this in, so I decided to throw it here into the bit-bucket. Please move it if necessary.

Recently, I've been searching online for chord charts and scores for songs I want to learn (or revisit). Frequently, I find that when I come across what I'm looking for, one of the formats available for download is a Guitar Pro file.

Does anyone own/use this software? I looked at
    their site (they have a free trial, so I might try before I buy) and it's not horribly expensive (about US$70), but I thought I check with the smart people here and see what their personal opinions are. Online reviews are generally favorable, coming it at about 7 or 8 stars out of ten, so that's not overall bad. It's not drop-everything-and-buy status, either.

Re: Guitar Pro 7.5

Hmm. No replies so far. That's unusual for this forum.

I downloaded the software and started my 30 free trial. It's pretty spiffy, and the reviews I've sought out online generally rave about it. At least the current version 7.5. I've downloaded some GP files and it imports them without a problem, and seems to display/play them accurately. Like much software like it, there are more features than I'd probably ever use, and it's that complexity that makes it daunting.

Maybe I'm the guinea pig? I'll report my impressions here if no one else has anything to say about it.