Thread: It's Sunday Again, In Case Anyone Notices

It's Sunday Again, In Case Anyone Notices

What with the "shelter-in-place" directives and what-have-you, Sunday feels pretty much like any other day. Except I don't have to teach online today, so it is in a way, a day of rest.

My days are filled with earbuds and microphones. And now, in the evenings, I have friends who congregate online, so I have earbuds and mics in the evening, too. I think I'm beginning to sprout a pair!

How's everyone else managing these days of distance?

Forum Member

Re: It's Sunday Again, In Case Anyone Notices

Working on a presentation for where I work way too much. They ain't paying me for it.

I really NEED to finish our bathroom then start on the other. But the rain makes it challenging for cutting lumber...

We're locked down here too. Governor has forbid any gatherings of any size. Boats are sitting there wondering where we are. Working from home, trying not to let the cabin fever get the best of me. All gigs are cancelled. Happy not to be ruining every weekend. I've been resting my hands and ears and they're already a lot better.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

No shelter in place or lock down here, yet (though there have been very few case, I'd welcome a lockdown). We might go to Home Depot today and get some interior painting supplies. It'd be a good time to get some projects done.

I'm working from home and loving it!

we had a hot water heater failure in the building yesterday and of course I was planning on taking a shower. heard a neighbor again last night making too much noise until they apparently collapsed in a heap on the floor after 1:30 AM. Don't know if it was the same source as the angry confrontational noises of a couple nights before (sounded like a one sided conversation i.e. phone call). One more straw and I'm calling it in. Ah, apartment life, now i remember why I often said I'd rather die than live like that again. Supposedly this building had a sound proof reputation, guessing it was a myth. Figures.

I did find my small Phillips screwdriver and was able to put a battery in my ST-300 tuner and it works. Now to find some tools and do a set up on my Spirit guitar. Except I think the tools are in the storage unit about 8 or 9 miles away. I should do one more sweep of the boxes on site here before I make that trip.

I might uncrate the adjustable workbench this week. I started moving stuff around in the 3 season porch and there is still tons of room. There are a couple of empty boxes that can be broken down and if they're in good enough shape, stored until the next move. I contacted the building management about the storage units on premises. The house is mostly out of my hands it's time to get things squared away here. I think all this corrugated is not good for the mental health.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Mornin’ folks...

got my “satellite office” set up in a spare room after working last week in my basement studio space. Too dark and dreary to stay down there ALL day for what might be weeks and then I don’t want to be down there playing guitar in the evening.

holding steady here. 90% of everything is closed...but managed to buy motor oil and filters yesterday for my car and motorcycles since it’s unlikely that the shops will be open for service any time soon. Have a new set of motorcycle tires being shipped right now so should be good to go.

My bandmates and I have set up our YouTube studio but a death in one of the families has postponed things for a while. The other band is effectively on hiatus. The BL’s wife is going though cancer treatment so music is not his priority these days. So - I’ll focus on composing music for movies that will never get made!

I should be practicing my pedal steel licks but seem to keep procrastinating on that.

At this point we’ve totally lost track of what day it is, but we’ve found we are saving money with no real laundry issues (we’re living in our exercise clothing), haven’t been out for dinner or breakfast, wife says she’s saving on makeup, and there isn’t a bright spot on the horizon where we can resume our evil ways. Ssssooo, with the stock market tanking, at least I’m not going completely broke.

I'm relaxing today. Tomorrow, I have to get my resume in order. My editing business is not going to take off, so I'm going to try to find a job in this climate. Wish me luck boys. I'm going to need it. No one is going to be hiring for a while, but I have to do something. Can't sit by idly no matter how impossible the job market is.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

We had a car show coming up but it's been canceled so I won't be taking the Chevelle out anytime soon. Really disappointing.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

my driving has decreased substantially in the past 2 weeks. with so little open there's almost no place to go and driving for the sake of driving isn't something I can afford anymore even before the CV, even if the price of gas is allegedly lower (it isn't locally, that's for damn sure)

We’re staying home here. Not yet a proper lockdown but everyone is taking the precautions, as we should.

Lots of TV, coffee, guitar playing and internet activity. Everyone in my family is ok.

This is morning I tried this European made coffee, a Vietnamese vintage. Pretty good, but the Brazilian stuff is better.

Last edited by S. Cane; 03-22-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    We’re staying home here. Not yet a proper lockdown but everyone is taking the precautions, as we should.

Lots of TV, coffee, guitar playing and internet activity. Everyone in my family is ok.

This is morning I tried this European made coffee, a Vietnamese vintage. Pretty good, but the Brazilian stuff is better.
    There is nothing better to me than Brazilian coffee.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

that's what I'm brewing as i type

figures, the repairs on the hot water heater didn't hold. we had some late last night but it doesn't do me any good to shower right before bedtime, a shower is a wake up for me. Just now when I went to wash the coffee pot there wasn't any hot water at the sink. I looked out in the hall and they're working in the boiler room again. Merde

both bathrooms at the house are filthy with dust from scraping wallpaper, sanding etc. I might just have to bring cleaning supplies and get one ready to shower. I feel so dang funky right now it ain't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    that's what I'm brewing as i type

figures, the repairs on the hot water heater didn't hold. we had some late last night but it doesn't do me any good to shower right before bedtime, a shower is a wake up for me. Just now when I went to wash the coffee pot there wasn't any hot water at the sink. I looked out in the hall and they're working in the boiler room again. Merde

both bathrooms at the house are filthy with dust from scraping wallpaper, sanding etc. I might just have to bring cleaning supplies and get one ready to shower. I feel so dang funky right now it ain't funny.

Funky Dan sings his new hit, "C'mon Girl, Let's Take a Dirty Shower" Available now on De-Construction Records

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Funky Dan sings his new hit, "C'mon Girl, Let's Take a Dirty Shower" Available now on De-Construction Records
    Is it available in 8-track format?

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm relaxing today. Tomorrow, I have to get my resume in order. My editing business is not going to take off, so I'm going to try to find a job in this climate. Wish me luck boys. I'm going to need it. No one is going to be hiring for a while, but I have to do something. Can't sit by idly no matter how impossible the job market is.
    Good luck Willie! Just get the word around your network that you're available. And diversify!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    my driving has decreased substantially in the past 2 weeks. with so little open there's almost no place to go and driving for the sake of driving isn't something I can afford anymore even before the CV, even if the price of gas is allegedly lower (it isn't locally, that's for damn sure)
    I hear ya. Commuting is my least favourite activity, but I love to drive/ride cross country by car/bike/whatever. But as George Thorogood once said: "no particular place to go". Gas prices have been dropping around here - was upwards of 1.29/L* here back in Jan, then dropped to $1.00/L last week. Now it's around $0.72/L at most stations. But I'm not putting any miles on anything right now. May have to add some Stabil to the tank at this rate!

That's around $5/gal, $4/gal and $3/gal for those you not yet gone metric!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Good luck Willie! Just get the word around your network that you're available. And diversify!

Thank you, dirtdog. I have a dream of working for PetCo or PetSmart (no refer testing), but that's not the reason. I love animals and need to make a living, and I want to work with them. I have worked in the public enough to know how to handle them, and I want to work there so bad.

My best friend's wife manages our local animal shelter and we enjoy stopping by periodically to check out the felines. We already have three "moon cats" so an adoption isn't an option at the moment but we love watching them romp and play, plus it gives us the opportunity to leave a cash donation to pay for food, grooming, and vet care as they await their new "forever homes". Our kitties are a big part of our lives, one of many of God's gifts.

I work for our state Health Department, and have been operating at our state emergency ops center for about 2 weeks now.
    A LOT going on - much you will never see in the news.

As this unfolds - look for numbers to jump - I can say that. sort of like the old prell commercial.

I guess I accidentally chose a stable career field for now.......
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>