Thread: Running Out of Room

Running Out of Room

My music room / office is feeling smaller and smaller these days because I've got 11 guitars, a keyboard, a desk and computer, parts, gear boxes, mics, pedal boards, 3 amps, all of my cases, etc.

So lately I've been thinking about moving closer to Nashville, but I know I'd have to downsize a lot. I got pretty close to going, but I backed out because I'd have to downsize and might not even have a music room. I've decided to stay where I am.

I've got to come up with a solution. I'm going to pull every thing out of the room and rearrange it and see if that doesn't help. I'm using space efficiently now--I'll try to make it even better. It's going to take a lot of work.

This rack is helping while I move other things.

Last edited by ch willie; 02-29-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Running Out of Room

I'm going to have to get one of those racks, too. I was just at the storage unit today unloading my car. The pickup truck next to me had several cabinets in the bed, and I spied familiar Marshall piping (and Vox, too, I think). I asked the guy if that was a Marshall cab and he replied "Yes, it's a Silver Jubilee cab."

He inherited a bunch of stuff from his old band. Said he's been trying to sell it but interest just seems to be low. Half the stuff he's got has been or is currently being reissued and few people want to buy old, dinged up gear no matter how glorious the stories behind them. I told him that I moved from a house to an apartment and lost my music room. We both wished each other good luck.

Once I'm done with the house and turn my attention to the apartment, I'm going to put up my bench and use that as my workspace/recording/music area. I'm going to try to use just one of the bureaus and put the other out in the 3-season porch area. With a little judicious rearranging I may be able to get most if not all of my guitars and amps out.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Running Out of Room

I knew you'd be able to relate, Dan.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison