Thread: The End of February Sunday Thread

The End of February Sunday Thread

We have 29 days this February, as it's Leap Year. But this is still the last Sunday, so the thread is appropriate.

I bought and installed a headlight and taillight on my bicycle yesterday. There are some mornings (or evenings) when my legs are too tired or sore to run, so I figured I could get exercise by pedaling instead. But lack of lighting has been a show-stopper, so I remedied that yesterday.

Two weeks from today I will be on board a cruise ship headed for Belize and parts thereabout. It's not been a cold winter, but I'm looking forward to the blue seas and skies, anyway. I'm already making sure this time I'll have a spare set of strings with me!

Here's hoping everyone has a great Sunday!

Forum Member

Re: The End of February Sunday Thread

Overcast here, rained overnight, supposed to be clear and windy, probably hard to keep targets up this morning!

Comin up for air here today after several weeks.

Been battling a serious skin infection (bad case of cellulitis) for the last month or so. Multiple ER and hospital visits for treatment including daily visits to a clinic for IV antibiotics. Been off work since end of January. Been barely mobile as my left leg has been in a lot of pain. Thankfully I have over 1000 hours of sick time banked and I live in Canada so universal health care. Given the severity of this case, I haven’t really been subjected to any kind of lenthy wait times for anything so far.

Best I can figure is that I picked this up on a trip to the UK. We were in some pretty sketchy places on a military base and I may have cut myself there. Or might have picked something up in the hotel room or the plane. Or not. Or maybe when we were in Florida before that and I had skinned my shin on something according to some photos. Hard to tell.

still not quite out of the woods yet. Will be off another week, have a couple more follow up appointments and some testing for immune function etc. Will have to wear compression socks for a while and there may be some scarring. Worst part is that this could happen again and might only require a small nick in my skin to happen!!! And I’m fairly accident prone and have some not so passive hobbies (dirt biking, mountain biking).

Musically, I upgraded my interface from a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 to an SSL 2+. Nice rig. Bought myself a 5-string bass for a project that is evolving. Got a sweet Sterling by Ernie Ball/Musicman StingRay 5. Offshore made but I am impressed by the quality and playability. Sounds great too! Working on recording a “metal-ish” cover of 10cc’s Dreadlock Holiday.

It's a beautiful, nearly 50° day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan We spent the day in Chicago yesterday where it was at 52° and sunny with today predicted to be even warmer. Wow, could winter finally be sliding into the rearview mirror?

I read a book this past week titled "Murder At the Back Forty" about the Murder of a woman named Margaret Anderson. What was interesting to me is I remember the incident quite well as a was a partner in a motorcycle shop at that time and knew a few of the people that were mentioned in the book. There were so many rumors back in '83/'84 that it was interesting to finally get the whole story.

Have a great Sunday!

sunny and almost 50 here, little bit of a breeze

went out last night to see Party Gras put on by one of my favorite bands. They had a horn section and a substitute bass player, Dave the regular bassist got sick yesterday and couldn't make it but the new guy did a solid job. Lots of people showed and I had a great time. No problem at all driving there and back, good weather can't be overrated. Had it been precipitating in any form and it probably would have been a no-go. Even the sore knee was fine as there was barely room to move so taking small steps wasn't even an issue.

going to the house today to try to get the last bits of stuff packed and at least moved to the garage if not to the storage unit. I just want everything out of the house. The sooner I get that done the sooner I can finally unpack the apartment and get it organized. Tired of all the corrugated boxes. I want to get my bench set up and soon.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Well we got rained out!
    By the time we got to the range, a mix of sleet and snow. May go to my brother in laws this afternoon if it does clear up.

Cancelled a trip I'd planned to see the sibs in Nashville. Didn't want to drive in the rain.

Instead, I'm going to get my music room in order to do some recording. It's going to take me several days to get it right.

Meanwhile, the cupboard is bare, and I've got to shop at Kroger.

After all, I have to keep me strength up. The new Ric 330 will be here tomorrow.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

The garbage disposal started leaking Friday so today was my day to replace it.

The local home improvement store sold me a used, nasty one sealed up in a nice box.

There was almost a giant kerfuffle when I went to exchange it.

I had to threaten to call the police before they would give me a new one.

Freaking asshats.

Oh well, new disposal installed and it’s time for an afternoon beer.

Be well my friends!

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Comin up for air here today after several weeks.

Been battling a serious skin infection (bad case of cellulitis) for the last month or so. Multiple ER and hospital visits for treatment including daily visits to a clinic for IV antibiotics. Been off work since end of January. Been barely mobile as my left leg has been in a lot of pain. Thankfully I have over 1000 hours of sick time banked and I live in Canada so universal health care. Given the severity of this case, I haven’t really been subjected to any kind of lenthy wait times for anything so far.
    Glad to hear you're getting taken care of.

In my life I've seen a ton of sick kids with very, very severe epilepsy get their insurance claims denied for treatment. It's just awful. Maybe even evil. It's gotten less common but it still happens. Part of me not going into medicine was definitely seeing some of those experiences.

Anyway hope you get better soon.

I got some raw vintage springs for my 65 AVRI to tamp down a bit on some spring rattle that was going on under certain circumstances. I really didnt expect it to change the sound of the guitar, but it was nice to get rid of the rattle. I didn't A/B before and after but I would swear it made the guitar sound a bit different, but I just dont see how that would be possible.

I have to "double dip" in this thread, because today was officially the first day of Spring in my life! How do I know? Two reasons: First, even though it was in the low 20°s this morning, it warmed up into the 50°s later. But it wasn't the chill in the air, it was the sun. Yes, the sun was blazing down! Enough to make me open the windows on my car. That's a Spring sun!

The other is my car. Maybe there's something at my elevation, or atmospherics, or something, but twice a year I have to put air in my tires -- when the weather turns warm and when the weather turns cool. This morning I felt the steering noticeably sluggish, and a bit later my low tire pressure indicator came on. That makes it official. It's Spring!

Quote Originally Posted by redisburning View Post
    Glad to hear you're getting taken care of.

In my life I've seen a ton of sick kids with very, very severe epilepsy get their insurance claims denied for treatment. It's just awful. Maybe even evil. It's gotten less common but it still happens. Part of me not going into medicine was definitely seeing some of those experiences.

Anyway hope you get better soon.

I got some raw vintage springs for my 65 AVRI to tamp down a bit on some spring rattle that was going on under certain circumstances. I really didnt expect it to change the sound of the guitar, but it was nice to get rid of the rattle. I didn't A/B before and after but I would swear it made the guitar sound a bit different, but I just dont see how that would be possible.
    Thanks redisburning. I appreciate it!

I just can't imagine not having universal health care/socialized medicine, whatever you want to call it. One of Canada's greatest assets. There are certainly challenges and it doesn't work flawlessly for everyone and it ain't cheap, but for the vast majority of our population, not having to weigh the costs/benefits of seeking medical care takes a whole lot of stress out of the equation. For serious medical issues, anyways. And yes, there are those that go to ER when they have a cold or the flu. That's one of the parts that doesn't work so well!

I can't imagine what the treatment I've been going through would cost me out of pocket. Six figures, I would guess.