Thread: man, I need to unpack

man, I need to unpack

while it's sort of nice and neat with everything in boxes instead of cluttering up drawers and all horizontal surfaces, I'm running into needing so many things that are not just handily available. I managed to get a splinter in my left middle finger's scar crevice. I can see the splinter in there but I can't grab it with tweezers i finally found. I need hands free magnification and it's in storage the next town over.

I've touched a guitar once in over 2 weeks. Over the weekend I was working at the house and pulled a few staples. While feeling the wood stairs for more staples I got that splinter.

I feel like I should be finishing the house before I tackle the luxury of accessible belongings. I know I'm going to do this. keep the boxes as I empty them and then repack them with stuff not needed. I got rid of some packing but as I fill a lesser space I'm going to find I still have too much. I already this this with a desk drawer that I just stuffed into a bag. About half went into the drawer, the rest into the trash or recycling.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: man, I need to unpack

I feel for you. I'm getting ready to sell my house and move closer to Nashville. I have over 50 boxes of books, and I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of them.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison