Thread: Post-Valentinerooni Sunday Thread

Post-Valentinerooni Sunday Thread

Had a great time with my kids in Memphis yesterday. My daughter lives there, and my son had flown in from LA to be with his fiancee.

I've got leather straps for 8 of my guitars, but since I got the Epiphone EB-3 back, I need a strap for it. I ordered one and will think and look before I get the next one. I also ordered strap locks for a couple of my guitars. I use LOXX on some of mine.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Post-Valentinerooni Sunday Thread

This morning is going to be the annual "Christmas Eve brunch" I attend with friends. It began as a gathering on Christmas Eve, but as people moved, died, etc., the location and makeup changed, and now we meet at a country club where a friend has a membership, and we enjoy a buffet brunch and renew acquaintances.

I'm still getting over a cold that started over a week ago. I don't feel ill, but it's the usual congestion and nagging cough that are keeping me off the trail. My monthly goal of 50 miles running is not going to be met, unfortunately.

Next month I'm taking another week-long cruise, so I'm starting to gather a playlist of songs I want to work on in my stateroom during quiet hours.

Well, off to the shower and to find a suitable necktie...

today is my middle brother's birthday he turned 60 today. Our birthdays are 2 weeks apart except on leap years like this one. We went out last night to meet my youngest brother, whose girlfriend just ended things with him right before valentine's day. Hopefully he didn't have anything expensive bought as a gift.

I'm completely out of coffee and I have a hard choice to make, shower now and be presentable to face the public or to heck with them and go get coffee while stinky. Sorry, public, you lose. I need muh coffeh.

There's a lot of work to do but I think I may have to take a break today. My knee is really bothering me. Usually it only hurts when I'm walking but now it is constant. I've been icing it 2x a day when I can but it really needs 3x a day and for consecutive days too. That may be more than 2 weeks away unfortunately. I've got to get this stuff done because nobody else is.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

I'm finally able to comment to the Sunday thread again! I use the wi-fi from my daughters house, and it's been really weak, my oldest gave me a booster for Christmas. I finally ordered, and installed it, still not enough for streaming, but plenty for news, and favorite forums!
    My old boss died Thursday night, (I apprenticed with him in the early 70's), he was in his mid 90's! I smoked some pork roasts, and took them to his daughter's house yesterday. I visited him on Monday, and he seemed then to have gone downhill.
    Hopefully it will stay nice today, (50's yesterday), maybe I can cast some bullets, I'm getting low.

Quiet Sunday here. We completed most of the chores yesterday. My wife and I both have tomorrow off.

I listed my Budda Twinmaster, Soldano Astroverb and Roger Mayer Rocket Octavia for sale yesterday. It's funny, they're the only Budda, Soldano and Mayer items in the local Craigslist and FB Marketplace selling area. They're probably going to be hard to sell locally (that's why I was able to buy them at very fair prices), but I don't ship amps.

It warmed up more than predicted so I took care of some outdoor projects, and filled the recycle bin with cut up Amazon boxes. I have tomorrow off so I can take it easy tonight!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Oh yeah, I wrote my Sweetwater dude today and asked him to look into a lefty Ric 330 for me. I'm going to buy a Frickenbacker! It'll match my 4001 bass.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Oh yeah, I wrote my Sweetwater dude today and asked him to look into a lefty Ric 330 for me. I'm going to buy a Frickenbacker! It'll match my 4001 bass.
    Willcut has several lefty Ric 330s in stock.

They were recommended to me by a friend; they were pretty aggressive with a PRS discount for me. Sweetwater's offer was less than 10% which is kind of a joke.

It's still technically Sunday.

today was rewire the current pedalboard day. I tested out some new toys Ive gotten recently (most notably a Hartman Analog Flanger, which is AWESOME). I'm running pretty low to the ground atm (4 pedals, one of which is a buffer/boost and one is a tuner) but Ive got a plan on a medium sized Schmidt Array board with a G2 switcher. Ive worked out which pedals Im going to include and now just need to measure it out. Assuming nothing changes it will include a tuner, compressor, a silicon fuzz, a dual overdrive pedal, an amp-in-a-box pedal, a flanger, two delays, a chorus pedal, a reverb pedal and a tremolo. Getting all of that to fit will be a pretty significant challenge; the compressor, one of the overdrives, the flanger, one of the delays and the reverb pedal are all quite large.

but the only pieces I have yet to acquire are the fuzz I want to use, I am waiting for my cali 76 TX-L preorder to come in and then I need the board/switcher/cabling for it.