Thread: Cordless vacuum recommendations

Cordless vacuum recommendations

although I have an upright vacuum and a canister vacuum, I'm looking for quick daily cleaning from a cordless stick vacuum. I started searching today and am overwhelmed at the moment. My banner ads will be inundated with shills for these now

This won't be my only machine, obviously. I would prefer if it had a removable canister and removable batteries would also be a plus. Neither is a deal breaker if the vacuum will pick up pet hair on carpet (I'd call it medium length pile) my primary concern. Getting dirt and crumbs off the kitchen floor is a plus but I'm willing to use a Swiffer type of cleaning device for that if need be.

Clean freaks, lend me your ears ... er, eyes, I seek to clean up my world
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Cordless vacuum recommendations

I bought a Dyson v6 about three or four years ago, right around the time Dyson was coming out with the v7, so I got it for a good price. I love it!

I am thoroughly impressed with Dyson's design and engineering! Every piece fits nicely, takes apart easily, and is done so by logical icons (no paper directions needed). On a full charge, it lasts about 20 minutes. There is a MAX mode that will discharge it in about six minutes, but I rarely, if ever, use it. The charger can be mounted easily on a wall, and the "stick" goes in and out in a breeze. The long piece is removable, making the vacuum great for furniture, small carpets, etc.

I have two other vacuums collecting dust, including a Shark and a Dirt Devil. Dyson has a winner!

I agree with OS. I've got the Dyson, too and it really sucks ().
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

The Dyson v8 (refurbished) is on sale today (2/10/20) at Woot.com.

Forum Member

Dyson. If it don't suck disassemble and clean. Best design I've ever seen by a mile.

We’ve got a Dyson (Animal, I think it’s called). Have had it for six or seven years now. When it works it’s fantastic. But often the trigger does nothing. The beater brush on the head sometimes doesn’t spin. I got this through redeeming points on my CC, so no store warranty. I also got this on the recommendation of my in-laws. They’ve got one and it works great. Clearly We got a lemon.

when we sold our vacation home last fall, we included the Miele canister vacuum we inherited from the in-laws. Always considered that the “back-up to the back-up”. But man, I miss that machine - it’s so portable and worked like a horse. I miss it and wish I would have left our Kenmore canister at the lake and took the Miele home with us!

I ended up getting a Dyson V8 Animal, came in Thursday. Going to set it up tonight and start charging it. Hopefully it's a good one.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"