Thread: Sunday, Feb 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9

Sunday, Feb 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9

Good morning.

After freezing temps and a dusting of snow, we're having a beautiful, warmer weekend. That helps my mood.

I'm up all night. Time to get out the Martin and have some fun.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday, Feb 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9

Woke up at 3:00 and thought I'd surf a bit. We're supposed to be getting 4-5 inches of heavy snow beginning around 9:00 this morning so it should make it a little change of pace for me today. Since my surgery at the beginning of December I've been on a weight restriction and haven't been able to shovel snow or use the snowblower so my poor wife had to handle the snow chores. Luckily, we've we've only had one really heavy storm during this period so she got off pretty easy. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by.

Hope all have a great Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Woke up at 3:00 and thought I'd surf a bit. We're supposed to be getting 4-5 inches of heavy snow beginning around 9:00 this morning so it should make it a little change of pace for me today. Since my surgery at the beginning of December I've been on a weight restriction and haven't been able to shovel snow or use the snowblower so my poor wife had to handle the snow chores. Luckily, we've we've only had one really heavy storm during this period so she got off pretty easy. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by.

Hope all have a great Sunday.
    Laker, I'm just glad you're recovering. I'm sure you're wife will like it when you're 100% again, but it sounds like she takes care of things. Have a great Sunday.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've been up for a couple of hours but am only now getting to my computer. I spent last week traveling into the city to teach our software to customers, and in doing so contracted a cold. The last day (Friday), my voice started croaking. I lost it entirely yesterday, and now it's coming back, but the cold is moving through my system, giving me a stuffed nose and a cough.

I wasn't able to have my weekly dinner with my daughter and her family so we planned on a brunch today. I'm waiting to see how I feel (I don't know if I'm contagious still) before committing. These dinners are the highlight of my week, but I have to consider others, so I may stay home again today. Well, this is likely my "annual cold," so best to get it over with now...

Happy Sunday! I'm driving the wife down to a quilting shop to pick up one of her masterpieces. They do the backing and finish them up. Then we'll stop in to visit her son. He's an electrician and just replace all his Dewalt stuff with Milwaukee. It will be like Christmas looking at all his new toys!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

lol, GJ, nothing like new tools.

I'm gradually reducing the corrugated box decor from the new apartment. The cat is slowly getting settled in. He finally discovered the living room window today with its view of the river and the renovated mills across. I'll get pics once it looks less like a storage facility.

I don't hear much at all of my neighbors so the walls between apartments are pretty thick and soundproof. Unfortunately they cut costs by not insulating between rooms. My brother can hear me in my room when he's trying to go to sleep. I guess they figured roomies can tell each other to shut up.

When the movers tried to move my music room computer hutch we had to take doors off their hinges to get it out. Here at the apartment it sat on carpet for the first time ever. My brother tried to help me move it into position and the entire left side broke free from the back and it wobbled like a bowl of jello. It was assembled by my youngest brother back when he was in high school some 35 years ago and probably far outlasted its expected lifespan. I tore it down and took it to the dump yesterday. I hate to say it but there is so much more room without it that I don't want to put my producer desk, which is 2 feet longer, in here. I may not even get to play in here anyway because of the wall issue. Or I can play but just not at night, which is my favorite time to play. More on that later.

Today is the last day I spend on apartment stuff and tomorrow I start working on the house doing the final clean up and removal of all our stuff. We were fortunate that it was only a crosstown move so we didn't have to evacuate the entire house in one go. That would have been heinous. Once the house is set I'll worry about what to do with the music stuff. It looks like I'm paying for another month of storage but we'll definitely make this the last one.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'd like to see a pic of that quilt! My wife does some quilting, but it's very basic stuff.

I sold the Carvin DC135 yesterday. It just wasn't the guitar for me. Even though I installed a new nut and vibrato bridge on it, I broke even with it (unless you count my time, but this is a hobby).

Today I'm trying to track down the crackling, rustling paper noise in my Mesa Express 5:25. I can "see" the noise on the scope and have found that It's not on Q1 of the GEQ circuit, but does appear on the base of Q2. Unfortunately, the noise comes and goes and it not reliable enough to go any further at the moment. Otherwise, the amp works fine.
    My wife thinks I'm crazy fighting with this amp, but, again- it's a hobby.

(I typed this a while ago, but the cursor disappeared for a while on my 10 year old MacBook.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'd like to see a pic of that quilt! My wife does some quilting, but it's very basic stuff.

I sold the Carvin DC135 yesterday. It just wasn't the guitar for me. Even though I installed a new nut and vibrato bridge on it, I broke even with it (unless you count my time, but this is a hobby).

Today I'm trying to track down the crackling, rustling paper noise in my Mesa Express 5:25. I can "see" the noise on the scope and have found that It's not on Q1 of the GEQ circuit, but does appear on the base of Q2. Unfortunately, the noise comes and goes and it not reliable enough to go any further at the moment. Otherwise, the amp works fine.
    My wife thinks I'm crazy fighting with this amp, but, again- it's a hobby.

(I typed this a while ago, but the cursor disappeared for a while on my 10 year old MacBook.
    We drove an hour to get to the quilt shop only to find out they hadn't finished it after all. Here is a phtot of one she made a couple years ago.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Very nice! The wives of two of my friends are quilters. That's an art form all to itself.

Forum Member

My grandmother, and granny, (her mother) were quilters. Not long after I married mamaw gave me a quilt that my mother started, they had finished it. I think we used it for a while, but it's put up somewhere. My cousins and I joke about getting to Heaven and finding a huge pile of quilts waiting for us!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    We drove an hour to get to the quilt shop only to find out they hadn't finished it after all. Here is a phtot of one she made a couple years ago.

I have a friend who is a pretty serious quilter; she has this computerized gizmo in her office.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post

That's beautiful! It's way beyond what my wife does. She made a quilt out of the bandanas that our dog Pablo received when he had his haircut and gave it to our daughter. She and my niece made one out of a bunch of her brother in-law's old t-shirts after he passed away suddenly several years ago.

Better late than never, right?

Work is crazy busy. There is no way I can do it all on my own. My helper needs to be leashed to keep him from wandering too far from the primary focus of work and the boss isn’t going to hire an unknown helper.

I simply can not, alone, continue to rescue my little part of the world from certain disaster indefinitely. I’m borderline falling apart. I honestly can’t remember when I last melted solder outside of work.

Work, Work, Work.

No balance.

I do hope y’all are doing well.

Chuck, I hope your wife is on the mend.

Be well my friends. Thanks for reading.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?