Thread: NBD, maybe.

NBD, maybe.

If you remember, about six months ago, I bought an Epiphone SG type bass for my girlfriend and gave her a Fender Rumble 40, great little amp and completely a surprise to me, an excellent bass. I was teaching her, and we had a great time playing the Ramones together.

Our relationship was great. She had chronic back pain and MS, and I took care of her while she got off opioids for the pain. Then around Thanksgiving, she started acting strangely. Totally hyper, up for days, talking in circles. Angry. Trying hard to start fights with me. I thought it was the MS. But then she accidentally dropped her meth on the floor at the doctor's office. Then I found out she'd been using meth hard ever since Thanksgiving. I learned she'd had meth dealers into my house while I was sleeping, putting me and my house in danger. I broke up with her, and later I found out she'd pawned the bass and amp.

So her mother has offered to give me the pawn ticket. I can't bear to see that bass go, so I'm going to take the ticket and pick it up. I'll post a pic of it when I get it back.

I'm not bitter, and I'm not heartbroken. But I am sad for her that drugs have ruined her life. She had lost custody of her two sons years ago and wanted more than anything to get them back. They arrested her when the doc found the meth, and she tested positive for meth. She'll never get custody back of those kids.

It's sad that someone can choose drugs over their kids' love and security. I don't understand it. I'm not sad about myself. I'm sad for those boys.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: NBD, maybe.

I'm sorry if that was TMI or wrong place or time to share a personal story. I appreciate my friends here. Drugs are a problem in the music community as we all know. I'm all for pot, but the other stuff ruins lives and destroys relationships.

Thank you for listening to me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

no worries.

Is the bass a lefty?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    no worries.

Is the bass a lefty?
    It's a righty, but the bridge isn't tilted, so I can set the intonation on it. The only trouble is the knobs will get in the way. But it's okay. I'm a lefty and we're used to that inconvenience, those of us who grew up playing that way because of the dearth of lefty instruments.

Did you get it from the pawnbroker?

I hate to hear about the GF.

I’ve watched MS slowly take away the beautiful, intelligent woman I married 24 years ago.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Did you get it from the pawnbroker?

I hate to hear about the GF.

I’ve watched MS slowly take away the beautiful, intelligent woman I married 24 years ago.
    I'm sorry, brother. I know it's tough at times.

No, I haven't gotten the ticket. Her mother was supposed to bring it to me, but she's having problems behind the scenes with my ex and her meth. I'm just waiting.

Paid the pawnshop, got the bass and amp back. I'm getting a lefty nut on it and a good setup. Great sounding bass.

I wish I hadn't gotten it back this way. It was my ex's prized possession, but she's so strung out on meth that she's lost everything and sleeps on a couch in a crowded apartment. No matter how much I have to resent her, I just feel sorry for her and hope she finds answers before it's too late.

Rock on brothers and sisters and everyone in between.

got any pics? I'd ask to buy it but now I'm running into the problem of apartment dwellers in not having space enough space to add another guitar. I'll probably end up selling some of mine if I can't squeeze them in here.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It's got the new nut. The shop did a great job because there had been so much fret buzz and choke originally.

It really is a great bass. It gets a bit muddy if you don't eq it on the amp or guitar.

I'm happy to have it because it has a unique sound, especially perfect for rock with a late 60s, early 70s vibe.
    Last edited by ch willie; 02-26-2020 at 04:43 AM.