Thread: Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass

Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass

I just read a review of the new model in Premiere Guitar. Their review was mostly positive. Some things about the model I don't like. The neck seems meatier toward the headstock. I'm not sure I'd like that. The neck on mine is the perfect size for me. I'm thinking about swapping necks with my Precision.

One negative, in addition to the price, is that the preamp isn't quiet. That would drive me crazy when recording.

Maybe I'm low-brow, but I'll stick with my American Standard.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass

I started playing bass in 1963 when all I had to worry about when it came to Fender electric basses was whether it was a Jazz or a Precision. All the different types of Fender basses these days has become so confusing I am very happy to have switched to Lakland twenty years ago. They are either American or(now) Indonesian, and you pick the model you want to play. When it comes to Fender basses I am totally lost with all the sources, models, trim levels, etc.

Re: Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I started playing bass in 1963 when all I had to worry about when it came to Fender electric basses was whether it was a Jazz or a Precision. All the different types of Fender basses these days has become so confusing I am very happy to have switched to Lakland twenty years ago. They are either American or(now) Indonesian, and you pick the model you want to play. When it comes to Fender basses I am totally lost with all the sources, models, trim levels, etc.
    Fender falls victim to it's own marketing ploys. I like it that folks have a large selection of models to choose from. I'm fairly straightforward in my tastes, probably because most guitar companies offer only a few of their models in lefty, and I've settled for what I could get. We lefties sometimes look at Fender and go, "Why so many models? Why not concentrate on making a few models the best in the world?"
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison