Thread: Post For Febraury 2, 2020. Groundhog's Day (Haven't We Done This Before?)

Post For Febraury 2, 2020. Groundhog's Day (Haven't We Done This Before?)

Well, for those who care, it's Super Sunday. At least in the USA. It's also Groundhog's Day. Also a USA thing. Sorry, my offshore brothers and sisters.

I'm not planning on watching the game, but unless there's really something special going on at the same time, I may have it on the tube. I just won't be sitting in rapt attention because of it.

Today is a rest day. I did my morning run, then went to the Auto Show where I walked and walked and walked. Today, I plan to sit, and sit, and sit.

Pulled out my ES-225 yesterday, and realized why I played that instrument as my primary guitar for so long. Sweet!

Wishing everyone a spectacular day, Groundhog's Day, Super Bowl Day, or just Sunday!

Re: Post For Febraury 2, 2020. Groundhog's Day (Haven't We Done This Before?)

I'm also not a huge football fan (or even a small one), but I'll probably watch unless something else even half-bad is on. I was sick as a dog the other night and am still recovering from that. I'm pretty sure it was something I ate (meatball grinder - for you non-New Englanders, a Sub)) because once everything found its way out (a nightmare scenario) I got better quickly. I'm hungry now so food is back on the agenda for today! Have a great one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Well, it's a beautiful, sunny day here on the shore of the big pond so it looks like that friggin' rodent is gonna see his shadow and give us another six weeks of winter. Eh, that works out to the first day of spring so what's the difference?
    I watched a nice PBS show on Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse, WI that you might enjoy so I've attached a link to it.
    Nothing else really new so off to Bloody Marys, breakfast and coffee followed by not watching the Super Bowl...too boring!

https://www.pbs.org/video/daves-guitars-zm6unj/

We're going to watch the game with friends tonight. We're casual fans. They're rabid fans. Our team isn't playing (weird). It'll be nice to hang with friends and just have the game in the background.

my last sunday at the house as a resident. After this I'm just another handyman working on it. We're in the final stages of packing stuff up getting ready for Tuesday's move. I'll have the game on, no doubt, but I'll only be seeing it in passing as I march around taping boxes, filling them, tape them shut, label them and stack them for the movers. Plus doing laundry so that next to nothing is left in the hampers. Speaking of laundry, we're planning to keep using our machines until we sell the house and our plan is to take them. My brother has an offer from his boss to store them at his job's warehouse for free so we're taking him up on that. The only thing we have to do is get them over there.

I've got my floor plan all figured out for my room and 95% for the living room. My brother is on his own for his bedroom For me the big challenge is figuring out how to get the lights I want to be controlled by the one switched outlet that's available. At some point I'm going to need to run an extension cord across an area of traffic so I need some sort of flat conduit thing made for carpet. I can wait until all the furniture is in place before I start ordering stuff.

Once we're moved, no rest for the wicked. I've got to set up my new living space and I've got to come back to the house and keep working on the projects that need doing. I don't expect much rest for the first couple weeks of February and hopefully we don't get racked with blizzard after blizzards like we did 5 years ago. I have too much to do to deal with constant snow removal.

I just hope I'm not so tired that I forget to go to see Blue Oyster Cult in Manchester on Thursday. It will be my reward for putting up with all this crap.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Oh Dan, I wouldn't trade places with you right now. Moving is such a pita.

I have guests coming over today. He was the singer in a band I was in. Nice guy when he's not drinking. He's a real asshole when he is. I have zero tolerance for it. If he's acting a fool today, I'll send him right back home. She's great, and he's great when he's not drunk. Maybe we'll have a good day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    For me the big challenge is figuring out how to get the lights I want to be controlled by the one switched outlet that's available. At some point I'm going to need to run an extension cord across an area of traffic so I need some sort of flat conduit thing made for carpet. I can wait until all the furniture is in place before I start ordering stuff.

Once we're moved, no rest for the wicked. I've got to set up my new living space and I've got to come back to the house and keep working on the projects that need doing. I don't expect much rest for the first couple weeks of February and hopefully we don't get racked with blizzard after blizzards like we did 5 years ago. I have too much to do to deal with constant snow removal.

I just hope I'm not so tired that I forget to go to see Blue Oyster Cult in Manchester on Thursday. It will be my reward for putting up with all this crap.
    You should look into these = no wifi - just a remote. Easy to set up and unlimited uses. Just plug in your lamps and turn them on and off with the remote. https://smile.amazon.com/Etekcity-Ho.../dp/B00DQELHBS

If you re an "Alexa" person WiFi remotes will work, too.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Been otherwise occupied. Almost lost Mrs. OSA on Tuesday and she's been in the Intensive Care Unit since then.

We're hoping she gets well enough to go to a regular room soon. So far it looks like she's going to be OK but she's got a bunch of physical therapy ahead of her.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Been otherwise occupied. Almost lost Mrs. OSA on Tuesday and she's been in the Intensive Care Unit since then.

We're hoping she gets well enough to go to a regular room soon. So far it looks like she's going to be OK but she's got a bunch of physical therapy ahead of her.

Chuck

I'm sorry, Chuck. My prayers for you and the Mrs.

Jeez Chuck - sorry to hear it. Please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Forum Member

Sorry to hear OSA, she'll bounce back fine!
    My bride had surgery back in the fall, some therapy, (and mostly determination), she's getting around pretty good now. (I do call her Festus once in a while!)

I'm pulling for Mrs. OSA! Get well soon!