Thread: Question about Direct Output on Tone Master amps

Forum Member

Question about Direct Output on Tone Master amps

Hello,
    I just got a Fender Tone Master Twin and I have a question. This is the first amp I've had with a balanced direct output. The manual tells you what it is/does but that's about it. No other details. I'm specifically wanting feedback from Tone Master onwners that have used the direct out.
    When using the Direct Out will adjusting the Volume on the amp effect the level on the Direct Out or is it independent of the Amp volume? For example, if I'm playing live and use the Direct Out and decide to change my stage volume, will I be altering the signal to the front of house also?

Thanks - Danny

Re: Question about Direct Output on Tone Master amps

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
    Hello, I just got a Fender Tone Master Twin and I have a question. This is the first amp I've had with a balanced direct output. The manual tells you what it is/does but that's about it. No other details. I'm specifically wanting feedback from Tone Master onwners that have used the direct out.
    When using the Direct Out will adjusting the Volume on the amp effect the level on the Direct Out or is it independent of the Amp volume? For example, if I'm playing live and use the Direct Out and decide to change my stage volume, will I be altering the signal to the front of house also?

Thanks - Danny
    I don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to give you a heads up about formatting. Your post was loaded with font and color HTML codes that rendered your post invisible against a black background. No need to format that (maybe your machine did it?), the site does it for you.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to give you a heads up about formatting. Your post was loaded with font and color HTML codes that rendered your post invisible against a black background. No need to format that (maybe your machine did it?), the site does it for you.
    Hmmm... All I did was type and hit enter. Oh well, I finally got my answer. But thank you for the heads up.

Looks like it's a balanced output to go to a mixer.

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/O...erb-Amp_EU.pdf
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Looks like it's a balanced output to go to a mixer.

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/O...erb-Amp_EU.pdf
    Thanks. I finally got a reply from Fender and they confirmed that the if you adjust your stage vol (turn the amp vol up/down) it WILL effect the level of the line out.