Thread: The "January's Almost Over" Sunday Thread for 1/25

The "January's Almost Over" Sunday Thread for 1/25

Can you believe it, we're already a month into 2020! Where does the time go?

I had a list of things I wanted to get done yesterday, and did them all! In fact, my list grew during the day, and I still got everything done (I had a light switch break in the morning, and got to a hardware store, found and bought a replacement and fixed the lamp).

So, today is "Kick Back and Relax" Sunday. My guitars are in tune, the weather is meh, and my list is clear. What's everyone else got on their list for today?

Forum Member

Re: The "January's Almost Over" Sunday Thread for 1/25

My neighbor across the road blades my road after we have weather. I took a steering. Pipe off last weekend and fixed the.leak after the shoot I need to get the hood back on.

We're on our third day of gloomy, sunless weather but at least it has stopped snowing. In another thirty minutes it's out the door for Bloody Marys, breakfast and coffee with our Sunday morning group of friends.

Tomorrow I'm getting together with a friend who is a good vocalist and guitar player who has been playing as a single for quite a while. We are working out some material so I can join him on a gig here and there to have a little fun.

Today I'm starting with finishing taking down the Christmas lights. Then I want to continue cleaning up the man-cave.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Today, I have someone coming over to take some photos for my business website. I'm still learning about how to set up a business, and now it's serious enough that I need to have a way for customers to pay with a credit or debit card. A few days and I should be able to figure it all out and get to work.

I have chores today, but it's sunny for a change. I'm going to take my buddy Keevo out for a ride around the country so he can bark at squirrels and dogs. If we lived in the country, I'd just shoot a squirrel out of a tree and let him have fun with it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

slept late because I was up late mucking around with guitars and recording. Today I've spend over 7 hours packing music room gear. Still have another day plus of work to do up there. Trying to keep a skeleton rig so I can keep playing until the last day. It looks like we're moving Tuesday Feb 4th. I'm keeping my music gear at the storage unit until after the move to keep the number of people who know what I have to a minimum. I found out there is a key fob at a outside door on my floor that's on the back side of the building. It's a slightly dodgy area but I can unload my car get my stuff inside the door lock the car and then schlep it down the hall to my apartment without going through the main door lobby. I want to keep my stuff out of sight as much as possible, it's been over 30 years since I've lived in an apartment.

My brother commented today "I can't believe how fast this month has flown." Scary. I have a feeling the year we're in this place will go by quickly. I better not procrastinate in my projects.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Today, I have someone coming over to take some photos for my business website. I'm still learning about how to set up a business, and now it's serious enough that I need to have a way for customers to pay with a credit or debit card. A few days and I should be able to figure it all out and get to work.

I have chores today, but it's sunny for a change. I'm going to take my buddy Keevo out for a ride around the country so he can bark at squirrels and dogs. If we lived in the country, I'd just shoot a squirrel out of a tree and let him have fun with it.
    We use Square at our office - extremely easy to set up and use. Not sure how much interest they charge but we're a pretty poor non-profit and our finance person loves it. A lot of solo practitioner docs use it too.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    We use Square at our office - extremely easy to set up and use. Not sure how much interest they charge but we're a pretty poor non-profit and our finance person loves it. A lot of solo practitioner docs use it too.

Thanks for the tip, amigo. I'll look into it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison