Thread: My Leather Geetarr Straps

My Leather Geetarr Straps

I've collected half of these over time but just got the other three in the last couple of weeks. I need two more straps to have one for each guitar. I'm not big on ornate straps, so mine are mostly plain leather. I have one more being delivered on Monday, and then I'm going to wait for the last one until I find a really special one for my Tele.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: My Leather Geetarr Straps

I must be an outlier because I've never gotten into leather straps. I like the cheapo woven nylon straps that you can buy for $10-15.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I must be an outlier because I've never gotten into leather straps. I like the cheapo woven nylon straps that you can buy for $10-15.
    I have shoulder problems, so the padding of these straps cuts out some of the pain. I also like wider straps on most of my guitars. That helps too.

And I grew up around horses and leather saddles , reins, bridles and all that. Leather guitar straps remind me of that which I miss. I’m a tiny bit of a cowboy—my sunburst guitars look western to me. That’s why 5 of my 9 geets are sunburst.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have two, possibly three straps. The ones besides my main leather one are case straps that came with guitars. I think I have one each of Fender and Gibson.

I used to be all about Schaller lock straps. But I was keeping my guitar in their cases and I had only one strap with the locks and I kept hitting the guitar with those metal bits when I tried to put the guitar on the strap. Eventually I became a sitting only kind of player and had no need for straps.

If I want to play out at all, I need to learn to play standing up again. I did that with bass during one of my recording sessions and there was a different energy to it.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I’ve used Levi leather straps on my basses for the last twenty years or so. Prior to that I had a strap (and buckle I built) I designed and a friend made for me. When I up-grade it will be a strap from Brookwood Leather. I designed a strap for my son and it was beautifully done by Bob at Brookwood Leather. My son is in this group of photos with his Texas-based guitar strap.http://www.brookwoodleather.com/customer_photos

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I’ve used Levi leather straps on my basses for the last twenty years or so. Prior to that I had a strap (and buckle I built) I designed and a friend made for me. When I up-grade it will be a strap from Brookwood Leather. I designed a strap for my son and it was beautifully done by Bob at Brookwood Leather. My son is in this group of photos with his Texas-based guitar strap.http://www.brookwoodleather.com/customer_photos
    I had remembered that you designed your son a strap. I love leather straps. They're a luxury though.

I got three. One by Fender, one by Walker and Williams (this one is probably faux leather) and a handmade one made in São Paulo.

I myself like embroided 60s hippie style better, though