Thread: The Sunday Morning Coming Down Thread

The Sunday Morning Coming Down Thread

Hope everyone's surviving the bad weather across the US.

I'm an insomniac, so I'm up most nights. Tonight, I'm starting to re-read The Beatles' Anthology book. What a great book. All in their own words from their births to the end of the band. Lots of pictures. Really nicely done. I haven't looked at it since I read it in 2002.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: The Sunday Morning Coming Down Thread

I got up this morning anticipating the sound of snowplows outside, but all is quiet. We were supposed to be getting 8" of snow with 40 mph winds so a miserable day was expected. I looked outside and it appears Mother Nature took her bad weather someplace else; it we got any snow it was just a dusting.
    My Sunday is off to a good start!

On the other hand... We're having unseasonably warm weather! Yesterday at one point it hit 70°. The low last night was 62°. That is about to change I think, as the temperature is supposed to start dropping throughout the day. By comparison, the average highs and lows in January around here are 43°-29°.

I'm home, got my KLŌS reassembled (with all new strings!), did my getting-home chores (laundry, mail, grocery shopping, etc.) and slept like a log last night.

The week ahead will have me keeping West Coast hours although I'm back on the East Coast, as I'm conducting a training for new employees online, and they're all in California. I'd better enjoy each morning, because the afternoon and evenings will be shot.

Forum Member

I'm gonna try to make the pistol shoot this morning, still felt too tough yesterday to do much.
    One of my granddaughters brought me a "guitar" her friend had given her. Its the V type Jackson with the crazy angled headstock, the low E tuner sits in the middle of a split! I think I can glue it back, but also thinking a screw,on either side might be prudent. I'm sure Russell might be able to help the play ability with a set up and lighter gauge strings! I know, it's still a sow's ear!

Went from mild temps and heavy rains yesterday to freezing rain overnight now ice and snow pellets today. Very quiet on the streets today and I have no intent to leave the house. Working on some new compositions, refining some mixes from my band recordings, will hop on the bike trainer to get the blood pumping and possibly fit in some reading. I’m usually a voracious reader but I’ve got three years of Christmas gift books in various stages on completion and a stack of new books to get started on. Netflix is a big distraction - I think it’s time to take a break from streaming.

sunny and 64 here but it won't last. I got a lot done yesterday including taking down the lights on the house and back porch and the big blue spruce. I thought I'd be surrendering those to the caprices of winter and the new owner of the house would inherit them. These are my new LED bulbs and lights strings so I'm glad to have retained them. There is zero snow in my backyard (SSW exposure with fences that help to reflect light). I even got my long extension cords off the ground. It was meant to be I think.

Very busy week ahead, got to make all sorts of phone calls transfer services address changes car servicing veterinarian appointment new apartment orientation and packing packing packing.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It's in the 60s here, too. I took the Miata out for a few drives yesterday and washed it. We had the ceiling fan on in the bedroom last night. I assume we'll go back to normal temps soon. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the day.

65 degrees here today, too. Enjoying it mightily. Windy as heck, though - but the predicted rain never showed. My wife is going on a cruise next week with a friend from church so I'll have the Casa de Junkie to myself for a week! Too bad I'll be working my @$$ off most of the week...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

While last week was seasonally appropriate, these last couple days are highs in the low 80s. De-Christmas-ed the house which I liken to a colonoscopy: not desired or pleasant, but must be done.
    Going to take the rest of today off from playing. Going to watch some football and prep next week’s song list. Got the feeling this year will be like last: playing 40+ of 52 weekends.
    Mark