Thread: Lesson(s) Learned

Lesson(s) Learned

Well, here I sit in my hotel room on the evening of day three, not counting the day of my arrival.

I have finally re-strung my KLŌS guitar after breaking a string assembling it Sunday night. I've learned a couple of lessons from this experience.

1) Always carry a spare set of strings. I have several sets at home. They don't do me any good there when I'm here.
    2) The local guitar store was closed, and I had no chance of getting there for days. So, I had to order a set from Amazon to be delivered to my hotel. ETA: 2 days.
    3) The strings arrived on Tuesday. That night, I replaced the broken string. I had no way to cut the extra, so I asked the hotel if they had a set of needle-nose pliers I could borrow. Sorry, they aren't allowed to lend out their tools. One of my local co-workers offered to bring in a pair, so even though I could play, I had a "dangly."
    4) The needle-nose pliers my co-worker brought must have been made in China. They couldn't cut their way through melted ice cream. Well, it was now early evening Wednesday, so I walked across the street to a hardware store to buy pliers. I found a pair, but stamped "Made in China" and I could see light through the cutting part so, no thanks. Hey, it was still early. Go to the guitar store!
    5) Bought a D'Addario Pro Winder, a string winder, cutter and bridge pin puller all in one. I have one of these at home, too. Like my extra strings, no good there while I'm here.

So now I've learned my lesson. Into my gig bag when I travel will go a spare set of strings and a Pro Tool.

Anyone else learned lessons this way?

Re: Lesson(s) Learned

been there, done that, too broke (or cheap) to buy the t-shirt
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Everyone has learned something that way. Let the same exact thing happen again and you're a !

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Everyone has learned something that way. Let the same exact thing happen again and you're a !