Thread: First Sunday of a New Decade Thread

First Sunday of a New Decade Thread

"First Sunday of a New Decade." Sounds like a song title!

So, here it is, a year where we all see clearly: 20/20. OK, enough with the jokes. I'm up early waiting for my Lyft ride to the airport, as I'm headed to my company's annual kickoff meeting in NoCa. My KLŌS guitar is packed in my suitcase, as I intend to spend some quality time in my hotel room after the "festivities" decompressing. I also packed a bit of running gear, as I'm now back into keeping the heart and muscles going. I figure if I have to travel, I might as well enjoy as much of it as I can.

The next time I read or post here again I'll be on the other coast. Time shift. Not that any of you will notice. That's the beauty of the Internet!

Peace, everyone.

Re: First Sunday of a New Decade Thread

OS, I hope you have safe travels and enjoy your west coast time. For me, after all the travel restrictions that have been initiated to thwart terrorism, I have absolutely no desire to travel.

2020 will go down as a year I’ll always remember as, prior to its start, I managed to shed the Foley catheter I was saddled with post December surgery so the year began with a new-found freedom and the ability to, once again, drive an automobile. Ya gotta love the simple things in life! Three hours to go and then, off to breakfast with our friends.

Have a great Sunday!

Congratulations, Laker! I hope the rest of the year works out for you as well as the beginning!

I was supposed to have a late morning get together with a guitar playing buddy but he still has company at his house and it would barely work before he'd have to leave. I guess today will be spent playing and recording and then I'll start the task of breaking everything down and packing it for storage. Some of it will be shipping ready and might end up being sold.

we're in the final stretch here. Tonight and tomorrow are the last nights I'll have the Christmas lights on at my old family home of nearly 55 years. I'm going to try to salvage as many of the lights as I can. Not next year but maybe the year after that will see me back in a house again.

I'm going to be very busy the next few weeks. Not only here but at the new place. I'll be lucky to have time to surf but I suspect I will or I'll lose what's left of my inner child's fragile eggshell mind.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'm auditioning for a band on Monday, and I hate to say it, but I'm in it as much for the money as I am the joy. I'm starting my own business, and I need every penny I can bring in.

Story is, I played in a band with the drummer, and he was a total bitch to work with. He's just okay as a drummer, but keeps a steady beat. Our band actually broke up for a month and then got back together without inviting him on purpose.

However, if the guy treats me decently, I'll be happy to play in the band with him. If not adios, Arschloch.

I'm looking to play with as many bands as I can at the moment.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Just got back from a week on Captiva island in Florida visiting some friends and hanging out. Spending today recovering! Back to reality tomorrow (work) after two weeks off! I think I’ll need a morning nap AND an afternoon nap. It’s days like today I could see becoming a football fan.

Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off. Can't wait! Busy schedule. My workshop schedule is heavy through February. I only have two weeknights off in January and Feb is already filling up. Oh well - job security. Everybody have a great week and a great new year!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Well, crap. I landed on the Left Coast, drove an hour to the hotel, checked out a potential running trail and then set to re-assembling my KLŌS. And I broke the G string tuning it!

It's Sunday evening. There's a very cool guitar store in town, but they're now closed. Tomorrow I'm working all day, so I'm not sure I can make it there in time, either. In desperation, I ordered a set of strings from Amazon for delivery to the hotel, but they're not likely to get here until Tuesday. I guess that means it's me an Netflix for the quiet hours...

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm starting my own business, and I need every penny I can bring in.
    Best of luck with the new business! I wish someone told me this back when I started mine back in 91.. Start from the end look back! Meaning see yourself as a success already in YOUR mind.. Don't let self doubt and all the bullshit clutter the thought process see, feel and believe that you are what you want to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040s...&index=10&t=0s

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Best of luck with the new business! I wish someone told me this back when I started mine back in 91.. Start from the end look back! Meaning see yourself as a success already in YOUR mind.. Don't let self doubt and all the bullshit clutter the thought process see, feel and believe that you are what you want to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040s...&index=10&t=0s
    Thanks Melody. You’re absolutely right. I might be a fool, but I believe I’ve got something good here.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison