Thread: Post For New Year's Eve - Happy New Year!

Post For New Year's Eve - Happy New Year!

Unless you're Asian (or possibly Jewish, I'm not sure), this is the end of the decade: New Year's Eve, 2019. Many of us will be out ringing (or wringing) in the New Decade tonight, so I thought I'd get a head start and wish everyone here a Happy New Year! I've particularly enjoyed this year here, and hope we continue on into the new decade.

And be careful out there if you're on the road. There are more drunk driving arrests on New Year's Eve than on any other night of the year. Don't be a statistic!

Re: Post For New Year's Eve - Happy New Year!

not planning on going out, have nothing planned. just spent 4 hours in a grueling clean up after a 33 hour sleet storm, I'll be lucky to still be awake come midnight. Just a few errands to get out and run before I cocoon for the night.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

My girlfriend's mother celebrates her birthday tonight, so I'm obligated to going out.

I don't much like going out on normal evenings; thoughts of having to go out on NYE just kill me.

I could break up with the girlfriend and then try to get back with her after the party's over. No, the risk is too great. Can't use work as an excuse. Can't claim being allergic to her mother. Can't say it's because my roids are killing me; they are, but that's a story for a different forum. Help, there's no way out but via ambulance!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ch willie; 12-31-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We just had take out Chinese food and beer (both cold) and are staying in for the night. Both of our kids are out, so it's not real easy to relax. We're just winding down 12 days off (4 of which were spent being sick ) and are now wondering why we didn't take Thursday and Friday off as well. Oh well, it'll be a super short week.
    Happy New Year!

We spent a little time at the club where we’ve played a weekly jam session for the last 2 1/2 years and the time was spent with staff and good friends. Great food and an open bar were great incentives to keep us out for the evening, but healing from surgery dictated that we head for home where we have some champagne and finger food waiting. I hope you all have a great new year!