Thread: Alesis Drum Machine. Ha ha, but wait.

Alesis Drum Machine. Ha ha, but wait.

I've been cleaning out the music room and found an Alesis drum machine from the 80s-early 90s.

The default drums are laughably 80s, full of Syndrum sounds, all of the 80s cliches.

But you can change to another kit, and it does a great job. I switch it to a kit that sounds very much like Mick Fleetwood's on Rumors.

I'll dust it off and use it again. I find it easier to work with than my Korg keyboard or recording software samples.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Alesis Drum Machine. Ha ha, but wait.

I had some Yamaha drum machine back in the ? '80s, maybe early '90s. It was ridiculously complicated, had all this quantizing stuff I knew and still know nothing about. Supposedly it was able to put a little looseness or swing into the otherwise mechanically perfect time keeping but they expected you to know what drums did what and which one you wanted to hit when. It did virtually nothing for you as far as I could tell. It was one of the items in the Great Car Load Sale of '05 that I did not miss.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"