Thread: Thread For The Last Sunday of 2019

Thread For The Last Sunday of 2019

Well, here it is -- New Year, 2020. Almost. I hope 2019 has had more ups than downs for everyone. This was the year my health took its first major downturn. But when you get older, it's bound to happen. On balance, I've had a pretty good 2019. Wishing everyone a bristling bright New Year for 2020!

Fred

Re: Thread For The Last Sunday of 2019

With 2019 drawing to a close I believe I can honestly say there were more ups than downs in this last year of the decade. The only setback (and that appears to be very minor) was the radical prostatectomy that I had on December 12th which proved to be rather painless and more of an annoyance than anything else. Today I finally get to head out for breakfast with our usual group of Sunday morning friends with my first trip social outside of the home since the surgery.

I hope everyone has a great new year!

Low lows and high highs... A high was recording my music the way I wanted it to be recorded. The low was losing my friend Charlie who made it happen. My wife has been sinking lower and lower... we may bring her to a mental health facility today. Her depression is getting really bad and the drinking?.....

On a high note, discovering my birth mother and siblings was a real high. I hope to grab lunch with my new brother next week and travel to California in April to see my mom and meet my sister.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

this has been a weird year for me. It was the first year of living in the house without my mother in it. However she has had a roller coaster year and by April was in a drastically more expensive facility. It went from looking like we had 4-5 years of money to barely even one. My studio plans were compromised and items I purchased for it are still in boxes, now sitting in storage. This is the last NYE at this house unless a white knight shows up.

I got heavier this year, 161 NYD and currently 183. My knees feel it and I'm doing stairs like crazy as I'm emptying the house. I've used an entire bottle of tylenol and bought another one. Usually one bottle lasts 4 or 5 years past the expiration date. I got rid of a festering blind eye and found out my GP was willing to endorse my medicinal cannabis card so I can continue to protect the remaining eye.

I bought several guitars, a matched pair of mics, an interface and an amp. I haven't sold anything yet but I probably will.

Probably the biggest change is my middle brother separating from his wife and now living with me. This in turn is leading to me soon to be living with him at the apartment we are moving into next month, probably on or around the 15th. Of all the places I've lived, I've never lived in a downtown location, not counting the apartment I had in Durham NH above the pizza shop where I worked. On the plus side we're still going to have a covered garage to park in, albeit at 50 bucks a month.

As much as I don't want to move, it will likely prove to be a catalyst for changes I've been wanting to make. For one, it is helping me to unburden myself of a crapload of stuff.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We had a pretty decent year. I'm off from work until the 2nd. Thank goodness- we're all sick. Bad head colds. It's not how I wanted to spend this time. My daughter is in town and was looking forward to meeting her newborn nephew, but he was born with some health issues and I don't know if we'll be well enough to get over there before she leaves.

Not a bad year here. One of some big transitions - for the better.

We’re going to see the new year in on Captiva Island, Florida with some good friends. In Montreal right now for a quick overnight before flying out tomorrow!!