Thread: UPS and NGD

UPS and NGD

It's out for delivery, a Martin 12x1ae, Mexican, 12 string. I've never owned a lefty 12 string and I can't wait.

I've played the Mexican Martins. Plywood sides, spruce top. Cheaper materials, but the ones I've played have sounded incredible.

I'll post pics and a review once the guitar comes in.

My Martin HD-28VL can't wait for his South of the Border bro to join the clan.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: UPS and NGD

Whoaaaaa good one! Never heard of a bad Martin!!

PICS!!! PICS!!! PICS!!!

Letting it sit for an hour or so before I tune it up. I strummed a few chords--it's nice and full without being too bassy, as Martins can be.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Schweeeeet!

Perfectly set up--no intonation issues. Sweet treble, warm but not too bassy. Full and a bit sparkly. It's built well, but of course, it's a cheaper guitar with it's synthetic finger board and pressurized side wood, but these do not seem to have a negative effect on tone. The neck is rather wide, but at least I can more easily play arpeggios. I think I've got a winner. Definitely recommend this model. You righties could probably find one for around $500.

Willie, your SWEET new Martin woke up my acoustic vibes.

It's been quite a while since I last pulled my only acoustic out of its bag, my humble little Washburn parlor. But I picked it up and caught myself strumming chord progressions, just chords, no songs or anything fancy. I just "acoustic'd away" for like an hour. And it was good to bring out some coutry and folk inspirations, I even fooled around with some Bob Dylan style chord progressions and it felt amazing.

I loved the video you sent me on instagram. Immaculate sound, I must say, though you were just having fun with chords.

Congratulations, my friend. Great guitar. A keeper, for sure.

Thanks, guys. I've had some more time on it, and it's a wonderful guitar. I can't wait to get some time to write with it.