Thread: The Sunday Before Christmas, 2019 Thread

The Sunday Before Christmas, 2019 Thread

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, Happy Holidays to those who don't! The year is almost out. Can you believe it? What a year, and what a week it's been. I spent four hours in the emergency room Wednesday morning after experiencing symptoms that suggested a heart attack. Turns out it was something much less: osteoarthritis in my back and shoulder.

Here it is Sunday, and I'm on the mend. My shoulder, which was the primary symptom, has almost stopping hurting. I have some muscle spasms still in my rib area, but I'm pretty certain my time hasn't come, yet.

Church this morning, then off to the range to try out a new pistol. Otherwise, I'm staying in, playing some guitar and ukulele (I was advised to not stand, wearing a strap while I play). I'm hoping everyone has a terrific Sunday. Get your shopping done if you haven't already (I have).
    :)

Re: The Sunday Before Christmas, 2019 Thread

OldStrummer - glad you dodged a bullet (HA!). Since our Association couldn't give us more than a 1% raise this year (and none the last two years) the board told us to close the office and everyone got the week off with pay. I had been saving vacation time to take the time off, so now I'm off for two weeks instead! I got a presonus interface and I want to spend some time learning it and the software that came with it so I can try and record a Christmas song I wrote years ago - the only recording I have of it stinks. Have a great week all.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Glad it wasn't too serious!
    Noisey at my house! Sure is fun having little girls around again!
    I bought some pork loins yesterday, will get them in the smoker, cooking while we shoot. I have a few folks I visit at Christmas, and take them something for dinner/supper. I dread visiting one old friend, he just isn't any fun to be around anymore, but I still stop by from time to time.
    Tried to get a jam together yesterday, but we couldn't make it, hopefully we can get together during the week. I am beginning to get accustomed to my Strat not that it matters to one with my playing abilities, but I'm finding the sounds I want.
    Merry Christmas to all!

Well, here we are at the end of week number one post radical prostatectomy and feeling pretty good.

Hope all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season.

got together with a friend yesterday afternoon to watch football and play guitar. trying to get one last jam at my house before I pack everything away, can't believe I've been here nearly 32 years and we've never gotten to play here once, always at his place.

got cases/gig bags for all the guitars now. Holy crap, how did I get so many guitars? 2 LPs, tele, strat, SG, Yamaha acoustic and the P bass. Not included are the two bodies in storage waiting to be built.

Still got nothing planned for Christmas, haven't heard from my other brother or sister about anything. I got a lead on a way to get rid of a lot of stuff by giving it to Habitat for Humanity and they'll send a truck around to pick it up. We're in the home stretch now, gotta keep the toe in the carburetor. Hah, I bet the kids don't even know what that means. It's going to be a busy week.

Merry Christmas every one, and happy holidays y'all.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'm off until January 2nd! Our daughter borrowed my wife's car yesterday and got a flat 70 miles from home. She said the tpms light came on just before she pulled into the lot where she was going, but the tire was clearly driven on flat for many miles. It's a base model 2015 Civic so it does not use tpms sensors- I think it uses something related to the ABS and traction control so it's not very accurate.
    Luckily, she was able to get help changing the tire, though I had recently rotated them and torqued them properly, so they weren't too tight. I check the spare tire pressure regularly so I knew that was good.

We celebrated our bigger family Christmas yesterday. I ate more than I ever have at these events, and I'm paying for it today, sick as a dog, all from overeating. It was totally worth it. Ha ha. We had a wonderful day. I'm lucky in that everybody in the family is excited about that day, and it's always peace and love. As a family, we have our scars, but we love each other so much, and that trumps all of our extreme differences.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison