Thread: New Strap Day

New Strap Day

New strap day--the ornate one I've had for a while; the burgandy one is new. It'll be my Strat strap. And both are Levy's.
    Last edited by ch willie; 12-19-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: New Strap Day

I've been rocking the same strap since, oh, not sure but definitely the very early '70s. Bought it for my first guitar, that was late '71 or early '72, I honestly can't remember and I didn't keep a journal back in those days.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I purchased a really nice handmade strap for my son from Brookwood Leather. Check that product out for some really nice stuff.

Forum Member

That sir, is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    New strap day--the ornate one I've had for a while; the burgandy one is new. It'll be my Strat strap. And both are Levy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I purchased a really nice handmade strap for my son from Brookwood Leather. Check that product out for some really nice stuff.
    Here’s a link to Brookwood. The gentleman that owns the business is very good to work with. Just scroll down the page for some examples.http://www.brookwoodleather.com/

Nice, Laker.

Thanks, mike. Very comfortable, good padding, great looking, nice for any guitar, but wide enough for heavy ones like the Ric.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I've been rocking the same strap since, oh, not sure but definitely the very early '70s. Bought it for my first guitar, that was late '71 or early '72, I honestly can't remember and I didn't keep a journal back in those days.

Pics!!!

ye olde guitarre strap, dang near 50 years old

details

I thought it had been lost or stolen as it disappeared for years, then about 20 or 25 years ago I was doing some work in the attic crawl space and found a box of stuff and the strap was in there, along with the original cover for my '73/'74 Princeton reverb that I had bought new.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    ye olde guitarre strap, dang near 50 years old

details

I thought it had been lost or stolen as it disappeared for years, then about 20 or 25 years ago I was doing some work in the attic crawl space and found a box of stuff and the strap was in there, along with the original cover for my '73/'74 Princeton reverb that I had bought new.

Awesome!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Here’s a link to Brookwood. The gentleman that owns the business is very good to work with. Just scroll down the page for some examples.http://www.brookwoodleather.com/
    Interesting that he has on the "Northern Neck of Virginia" on his website but he's in PA. On the other hand, I actually live on the Northern Neck of Virginia. It's actually the Northern most Peninsula on the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesr1963 View Post
    Interesting that he has on the "Northern Neck of Virginia" on his website but he's in PA. On the other hand, I actually live on the Northern Neck of Virginia. It's actually the Northern most Peninsula on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
    I saw some beautiful places in Virginia when I traveled eons ago from Connecticut to Tennessee.