Thread: Thread For Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019

Thread For Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019

Two weeks until Christmas! At least I've got most of my shopping done!

I'm headed off for a 5K "Run With Santa," that I decided to do at the last minute. And wouldn't you know? It's the coldest morning of the year! So, I'm all layered up as I head out the door.

After the run, I'm meeting old friends for lunch, and hope to write and post Christmas cards this afternoon. Wishing everyone a fine Sunday!

Re: Thread For Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019

Not much panned today. I got a Segway scooter that I have to review - might spend some time trying that out before it rains. I'm still working on my music room. The more I get rid of, the more that seems to be piled up.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Clouding up here, been cleaning the house out.
    I have a corner of the kitchen table perpetually tied up with my amp/electronic projects. Moving everything into the garage so my young grand daughters can have more room when they are here.
    Another pistol shoot today, my nephew took the last, I only won one stage, hopefully I can keep him from getting a big head today.

recuperating from storm clean up and getting ready to resume packing and moving stuff. Now that the holiday and subsequent storm are over the next couple of weeks will be a frenzy of activity. Even my phone noted a reduction of screen time can't be on the phone with a shovel in your hands.

we're supposed to get milder temps and rain to begin this week, only snow I see for next 15 days are showers. That'll help for getting stuff done. We are officially not doing gifts this year by family vote. I absolutely am not hosting any holiday gathering.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Boring day planned after a couple of exciting weekends and a few more coming up! I upgraded my family's mobile devices and plans yesterday - after spending two hours at the mall, I'm not keen to go back any time soon!!!

Last week, I did a live-off-the-floor multitrack recording of the bandand have mixed down a couple of the songs. Want to mix down a couple more today and share them with the group. It was a quick setup so levels were a little hot, mic placement needs to be refined (a bit of bleed into the vox mics) but most importantly, as these recordings show, we need as a group to work on arrangements.

Ultimate goal will be to get good multitrack full-band recordings (one take) along with video and start producing decent quality YouTube vids of our cover tunes along the lines of what Band Geeks and Scary Pockets are doing (keeping in mind that our collective talent level is not quite at Jack Conte or Richie Castellano levels nor do we have access to the talent that they are associated with). But I think we can still pump out an entertaining product for those in cyberspace that want to see a bunch of geezers re-create tunes from artists such as Little Feat, Delbert McClinton, Asleep at the Wheel. You know, mainstream stuff!