Thread: First Sunday in December - where did the year go?

First Sunday in December - where did the year go?

Today is a chance to prepare for the "Big One" headed this way. OF course the weather dudes are predicting anywhere from nothing to disaster - looks like it will be somewhere in between. Yesterday was pretty cool. My newly found brother came up with his family to meet my family. It went spectacularly. They are all really nice people and everyone on my end behaved, so they actually like us! We ate lots of red meat and talked for hours - it was great! Anyways, my busy season starts this week - lots of nights scheduled and the chance or weather cancellations making it complicated. Oh well, rest today to gear up for the onslaught!

Have a great week, all!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Re: First Sunday in December - where did the year go?

Started to dry out yesterday, a little colder this morning. Was hoping to cast bullets this weekend, but I need to seal up a window that started leaking during the downpours!
    I did get to play with my Strat, adjusted the pickup heights and got some of the bottom end tamed. I think I'll take it to Russell today, and get him to set it up, he makes my guitars play so easily!
    My daughter and her two little ones are flying in the 11th, and everybody is looking forward to playing while she's down, it's been two years since we've seen them. Her older daughter is coming later, sure will be nice having them for Christmas!

Ran five miles yesterday, and have been a couch potato since! Last night I wanted to hear the difference between my new G&L Tele and my Fender Classic Triple Player. Oops. The Fender has now been placed in my rotation as my primary.

The month of December at work is usually quite slow, as there are a lot of people taking time off, both employees and customers. I'm not, so I'll put in my work and then come home to practice (and look forward to my new uke!).

'Tis the calm before the storm here, unless you try to go to a grocery store. Triple or quadruple whammy, first the usual sunday, second it's football season, third it's after thanksgiving and fourth it's pre-megasuperduperwe'reallgonnadiesnowpocalypsefearmon gering snow panic shopping

I need to dig the snowblower out of the shed. I haven't used it in 2 years but my former landscaper has gone off the wagon and I have to go with a new guy who's services may be sufficient but I don't know yet. I'm skeptical that it will even start. Both it and the gas can have gas from 2017 (or earlier) in it. It might not be pretty.

I could possibly put lights on the last tree but it's freaking 27 degrees out there. I don't even like doing it when it's 57 degrees. that may end up being passed on. too bad, last time we'll ever see it lit up if I don't. I highly doubt there will be any further decorations once the snow hits. They're talking anywhere from 9 inches to over 2 feet. I sure hope they are wrong.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"