Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's tomorrow, but to all who celebrate turkey day, Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my kids and sibs and all of theirs. It'll be our first Thanksgiving without Mom, but we're grateful that she was feeling well and happy last Thanksgiving.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Several years ago, a great aunt lived in our area, and every family get together some of us would get her and take her to wherever we were. She would always be encouraged to play the piano for us, and she loved doing it. The year she died, her sons passed on all of her electronics to me, including her SOS reel recorder, and many tapes. I found a guy in Germany who sold me some parts to get the machine working, and was amazed on listening to the tapes. There were overdubs, piano, and organ, and sometimes 3 part vocals. The next get together, I brought the machine, and after a few hours said "Liz couldn't be with us today, but she's still going to play for us"! I think all the girls,were tearing up!

we're having one final gathering at the family home tomorrow. At first we weren't going to do it but my sister in NYC had bought non-refundable, non-transferable tickets months ago before we had realized the sale of the house was going to be sooner than we anticipated. I have to put packing and moving activities on hold for pretty much this week to get ready for this last feast in our home of nearly 55 years. Today will be cooking and cleaning and if time/weather cooperates I might get that one last tree decorated outside.

happy thanksgiving, y'all.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, no matter where you are, where you're going, or what you're doing. We all have things to be thankful for, even if sometimes we lose focus on them. This is a time to remember them!

Happy Thanksgiving.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Forum Member

Best wishes for a great thanksgiving to all!

Happy thanksgiving, guys!

Weirdest Thanksgiving ever! Started out the wife was super- anxious and refused to take her meds. My stepson arranged for us to deep fry a turkey at his neighbors house and they invited us to join them for dinner. When we got there my stepson gave his mom an edible which actually calmed her down a lot - which is a good thing because an hour into the preparations we got a call from the neighbor's wife who was at the hospital visiting her sick mother and the mother died. Talk about feeling awkward! ... that being said - it was the best freakin' turkey I've ever eaten!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain