Thread: Change of Email, a problem

Change of Email, a problem

When I registered with the forum, I had to use my work email address because, and I think this is still true, the forum couldn't accept gmail or yahoo. But now that I've quit my job, I no longer have any but my gmail and yahoo. So I can't receive any notifications.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Change of Email, a problem

Yes brother I am in the same boat.

Can someone please explain why you won't accept a Gmail or a Yahoo email address?

Best regards.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

Done and dusted...thank you.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

Thanks, mate!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

i may be in a similar situation in the near future. no idea who or what is going to be my provider when we move.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I've had the same work e-mail address for 26 years. I can't imagine how hard it will be to untangle my e-mail mess when I finally retire (someday)... I'm also getting ready to cut my landline and hate to think about how many accounts and people only have that number attached to it. Ugggg
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

We got e-mail addresses with our first provider, but even after changing providers a few years ago, and using new addresses, we still are getting mail to the old addresses! I think if you don't delete the old address from your e-mail, you will continue to receive mail directed to that address.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    We got e-mail addresses with our first provider, but even after changing providers a few years ago, and using new addresses, we still are getting mail to the old addresses! I think if you don't delete the old address from your e-mail, you will continue to receive mail directed to that address.
    The first thing I do when an employee leaves our office is cut them off from access to their work e-mail account.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain