Thread: Last Sunday before T''Giving

Last Sunday before T''Giving

Well, the girlfriend and I woke at 2am, stayed up talking and stuff, playing guitars, laughing. At 6, we went out for breakfast, and I've already cleaned out my garage and moved a bunch of boxes in that I'd used to clear books from my work office.

Planning on going to PetSmart today for supplies.

Plan on playing lots of guitar today. I've already quietly played the Tele.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Last Sunday before T''Giving

It’s a beautiful day here on the shore of the big pond so we’re headed out for a fun day with our usual pack of breakfast friends.

A rainy, gloomy day around here -- perfect for staying indoors and playing guitar!

Man, I am really digging the P90s on my new G&L ASAT! Since I rarely play with a plectrum, I find that just changing my finger attack can change the entire sonic structure. Tap of my pinky on the 3-way switch, and I can dial in so many different tones that I don't even think about adding pedals (I use pedals even less frequently than I do picks).

Maybe it's just the newness of it, but right now, my two favorite guitars are my KLŌS and my ASAT!

rainy gloomy day here as well thankfully it is not snow. yeah, that's right, ye winter gods, I said 'phooey' on your snow merde. Uh, oh ... is that thundersnow I hear? Aaaiiiieeee !!!

preparations for moving are continuing even as we make plans for one last gathering at the old homestead. In a way I'm glad the football game isn't at 1 o'clock so I can get something done. A friend has extended an invitation to come over for the game and that usually means guitar playing.

I was trying to lay down a bass track last night, at first I did it in D. Liked it but decided to re-record it in A. Something glitched and it the two tracks got bounced together. It sounded like a couple of basses playing harmony lines but it wasn't terribly useful rather mushy. I jettisoned the whole thing. I was trying for a CCR/Marvin Gaye vibe with a sort of 'heard it through the grapevine' theme. By then it was almost 130 so I called it a night. Early for me as of recently.

I need to get off the computer and get to work packing another load to take to the storage facility. I also got to do some laundry.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Actually a fairly nice day here for mid-November. Clear, sunny and dry. A few degrees above freezing. Saw some motorcycles out today but I'm in the middle of a furniture building project that's taking up my time so no riding for me. Was supposed to go see two different Stones tribute bands this weekend but for one reason or another didn't work out that way. Spent some more time getting to know my new Presonus StudioLive III 16R. It's a surprisingly complex piece of gear.

Forum Member

Good day here in the Northern Neck. We slept in, then I went on a long walk with the dog returning for football. Once my wife is off Tuesday we're driving down to North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with my oldest and the grandchildren.

We had nice weather yesterday. Today was rainy. That's not bad, though. It gave me time to repair a dresser, start to clean my "studio", set up my Les Paul and try a few small changes on my Avatar 45.

The setup change on the Les Paul was that I lowered the tailpiece all the way down to the body. This guitar has always had great playability, but sounded a bit "soft" and dull. Warm with no real "bite". Lowering the tailpiece helped more than I thought it would. It's more lively sounding. Brighter, too. The bridge on this guitar is low enough that the strings still clear the bridge.

I tacked a few components in the Avatar 45 to bring it closer to JTM45 specs. The amp is JTM45 based with a few mods to make it appeal to more players, I guess. I like the channel switching and PPIV master, but wondered how it'd sound if the V1 cathode bypass cap, mix resistors, bright channel mix resistor bypass cap and nfb resistor were returned to JTM45 specs. It sounds fatter and more Marshall-like. Less "fizzy". I like it.

I spent the day with an Indycar champion. I kinda snapped to who he was later in the day but didn’t fill in the blanks until I used the googlefu at home.

Nice guy, sold me a boat.

A friend of a friends uncles brother by marriage or some shit tells me a tale of an big tweed amp and red hollow body guitar under a bed near here.

Ill definitely follow up but I bet it will be like the time another guy had 2 DR405’s in the attic!

Y’all please be safe and well.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Yesterday was dreary so I did little. I ran to Home Depot to grab some supplies so I could work on the rack kit that I recently purchased. It has a cover for the top, but with cables plugged in it won't let the top close so I got some 2"x3/4" plastic trim to extend it. I worked on that a bit and spent the rest of the day hiding in the music room to avoid the wife who was coming down off a drunk.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain