Thread: Fender American Ultra Series

Fender American Ultra Series

Fender just launched the American Ultra Series to replace the former Elite and Deluxe versions.

https://shop.fender.com/en/intl/elec...merican-ultra/

I tried to take a peek but to me the page is blank. Can you guys see anything?

Re: Fender American Ultra Series

Well, it seems Fender found a way to add $400-$500 to the price of a guitar.

Here's the blurb for the American Ultra Stratocaster:

American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Stratocaster features a new a unique “Modern D” neck profile with Ultra rolled fingerboard edges for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets means effortless and accurate soloing, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional and the S-1 switch adds the neck pickup in to any switch position. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.

Other features include sealed locking tuning machines, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.

Think I'll pass. The pickups alone lost my interest.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

i had fun with the interactive mod shop feature.

i absolutely love the autumn blaze orange color. I want a guitar in that color, be it a strat, p bass or jazz bass. haven't decided if I want a tele in that color or not.

*edit* on second thought, hell yes to the tele in autumn blaze
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Same pig, new lipstick.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Same pig, new lipstick.
    That's my initial feeling, too. Although I haven't played a "D" neck, I'm familiar with the "C" and "V" necks. I'm not sure about the S-1 switch, but since I don't spend a lot of time going between pickup settings, I doubt I could justify the additional cost based on this alone.

Also, reading this: "10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard" makes it seem as if Fender now wants to be Gibson.

Last edited by OldStrummer; 11-08-2019 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Fingerboard comment

Forum Member

I am not a big fan of compound radius fret boards. I understand what thier purpose is But it is a lot harder to fret lvl and I would think stainless steel frets would last longer before a fret lvl would be needed. Also the extra body sculpting so you can reach the lower frets I get, what I don't get is how where the past players of strats got so good or fast with out it. Extra switches what is that all about the 5 way made into a 7 way wont work. So for me I would not bother considering to purchase one.

Nothing's perfect, but it's amazing how right Fender guitars already are. Fender keeps wanting to make it seem new and fresh, but what they don't realize is that the Strat is good like it is. There's always a market for the latest and greatest. I'm happy with my 2008 AmStd and wouldn't buy another Strat even if Fender comes out with one that also cures crabs.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm happy with my 2008 AmStd and wouldn't buy another Strat even if Fender comes out with one that also cures crabs.
    You have crabs? (Sorry, you walked right into that one!).

I'm at my "Stratocaster Saturation Level," so I'm also not looking.

Now, another Tele...

Forum Member

My favorite part about these upper end models is the chrome spaghetti logo script on the headstock. Has to be the most attractive of any guitar out there.

As for the tapered neck heel I've got a 2001, Squier Stagemaster with that so has have been on a Fender model between then and now.

what I really like is that autumn blaze color. I want to ask MJT if they can replicate that for me and buy bodies painted with the lowest level of relic they do.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    You have crabs? (Sorry, you walked right into that one!).

I'm at my "Stratocaster Saturation Level," so I'm also not looking.

Now, another Tele...
    Zat vass the joke I intended. I started to say cures a cold, but colds are not as funny as sexually transmitted critters.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Nothing's perfect, but it's amazing how right Fender guitars already are. Fender keeps wanting to make it seem new and fresh, but what they don't realize is that the Strat is good like it is. There's always a market for the latest and greatest. I'm happy with my 2008 AmStd and wouldn't buy another Strat even if Fender comes out with one that also cures crabs.
    IMHO the strat was perfected to the highest peak when they launched the American Standard series with the 2-point tremolo and the truss rod adjustment cavity on the headstock. It was a strat as good as it gets. From there, I think all the minor tweaks that followed were just marketing needs.