Thread: The (often overlooked) importance of forums

The (often overlooked) importance of forums

I was reading another guitar forum where I participate, and saw a thread by a user who lost his wife after 40 years of marriage. He was thanking everyone for their friendship and support while the couple was fighting her illness, and saying how important the forum was to him.

It’s a more crowded site, with lots of old and new members, but still did that for him.

This one is a very tight community with few members who know well each other, at least as users.

Once again, I sincerely hope it doesn’t get shut down due to little action.

Re: The (often overlooked) importance of forums

I've made some really good friends at this place - I agree about using it more . I'll pledge to lurk less and participate more!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Yeah, me too.

I already do that, and sometimes I actually think some might think "what the hell, this damned Brazilian is flooding again!" But you see, sometimes it's cool to share what you're thinking or feeling. The feedback you get from the guys here is often very rewarding.

I also love the "sunday morning" thread tradition. Something I've not seen in any other forum.

Anyway, let's post more, folks. This place is just too good to be left stalling.

This is my favorite forum. I check in daily, even if I don't post. I like the atmosphere here. I belong to a couple of (non guitar) forums where there are so many posters and so many topic threads that it's just not possible to read them all, much less follow. That makes it hard to feel like "home." Here, I read every post, even if the topic isn't something in my wheelhouse. And as a result, I learn things I didn't know.

When I left the forum for a while, several of our members contacted me to ask me to come back. It was so kind. I lay low a bit, but I came back because of the friends I have on this forum. I wasn't trying to get people to pet me back to the forum, but it touched me that people cared. I love this place, and I'm proud to be forum friends with all of you.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

This place does feel like home.

All of you feel like family.

There is a lot to love about this place.

Take care, stay well.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

Quote Originally Posted by Frat Rettle View Post
    This place does feel like home.

All of you feel like family.

There is a lot to love about this place.

Take care, stay well.

Literally a Whole lotta Love, I’d say

Forum Member

I visit 4 daily now but don't post a whole lot. I live in the sticks so these are my music and guitar seen. Over the years I've probably tried out 15 or 20 others that didn't take.