Thread: My Dog Kevo

My Dog Kevo

Had a new dog day a couple of weeks ago, and he's become my best buddy I've always loved dogs. He's the greatest.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: My Dog Kevo

"Good" dogs are hard to beat! We've only had a couple, but a lot of doofus mutts.

Grew up with dogs and all have been quite good friends, except for one.

I got a baby pitbull that just wasn't right in his head. Brought him home when he was just a couple of weeks old and treated him just like we treated all of our dogs. Never chained him, played with him a lot, all he ever got was friendship and love. But as soon as he started to grow from a puppy into an adult dog, we could see that he was a dangerous animal. He'd growl at us while eating, wouldn't obey simple orders or come when called, and after he started flashing fangs to my daughter I decided to give him away to a dude who had a farm and loved dogs, keeping them free. A year or so later I heard that he had to put the damned beast down after he assaulted people several times.

All our other dogs, either Collies, Pointers, Mutts or German Shepherds were lovely animals.

One of my ex-gfs had a Lhasa Apso that was a crackhead too. That was the only dog I've met that waved his tail and growled at the same time, and whenever he got excited, he'd bite into the family members, whoever was closest.

I guess there are dog assholes too, but not many
    Last edited by S. Cane; 10-31-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Forum Member

I had a mutt in the 70's that was only about 35#, but thought he was 100+, not afraid of anything, and was always guarding us. We took a short trip for an overnight stay in an improved campground once. My wife and daughter went to the rest rooms, (and of course the dog followed). As they came out, there was a line waiting to get in, "is that your dog, he wouldn't let anyone in the door"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I had a mutt in the 70's that was only about 35#, but thought he was 100+, not afraid of anything, and was always guarding us. We took a short trip for an overnight stay in an improved campground once. My wife and daughter went to the rest rooms, (and of course the dog followed). As they came out, there was a line waiting to get in, "is that your dog, he wouldn't let anyone in the door"!
    Ha ha. Another reason to love dogs!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Here's my Collie.

Forum Member

My most favorite dog was mostly lab, he was so smart, I swear he could tell what I was thinking, (he lasted 17 yrs!)
    In his younger days, he and my nephew would roam the area around my shop while we were working. My nephew was Buddy's boy!
    Years later when Rob had tattoos and a beard, Buddy would see him and start whining, and try to get close to him!

I generally have had larger dogs - a Golden Retriever, Greyhound and a large beagle/something mix. As much as I cared for those dogs - no dog has ever grabbed me like little Daisy. She has the sweetest disposition. She'd make an awesome service dog - she just warms to everyone she meets. She just turned 5 and weighs 5 pounds... I know that's not right for a "DOG"...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Gibsonjunkie, She's a dog, and that's all that matters. She's so cute!