Thread: Thread for the Sunday Before Halloween

Thread for the Sunday Before Halloween

Yesterday was my birthday, and I celebrated by running a 5K to benefit our local volunteer fire department. I smile to think that I once sought to best an eight minute mile, and now I seek to best a twelve minute mile. :)

I did, by the way. 11:15 minutes/mile pace.

Today, I'm heading to my daughter's who invited me over for a birthday repast. The rest of the day is restin' and relaxin' (with a bit of pickin' and strummin' thrown in for good measure). I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

ETA: I just realized there is one more Sunday before Halloween. Duh.
    Last edited by OldStrummer; 10-20-2019 at 04:33 AM. Reason: I'm a dumbass

Re: Thread for the Sunday Before Halloween

Good morning all. It looks like I'm bringing the wife to the emergency room this morning. She was in an auto accident a couple weeks ago and has steadily had more pain as time went on. Her doctor prescribed a steroid and now she's blown up like the aunt in the Harry Potter movie. The walk-in clinic couldn't do anything, either... Nothing like sitting in an emergency room on a weekend... Kindle is loaded so I'll stay entertained.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Happy Birthday, Mr. Strummer!

For me it will be a fun day. We start with breakfast and our usual group of friends who get together each Sunday. Following the Green Bay Packer game (and desired win) I will be playing our first gig with a new band. For me, about 95% of the stuff we’re playing today I have never played with a group before so we’ll see if the hours of prep were worth it.

happy belated birthday, good on you for being able to run. The words 'run' and 'Dan' are so infrequently used in the same sentence around these parts. Heck, I'm happy to use the word 'walk'. Rehabbing the knee is coming along, I did 44 minutes yesterday and ascended the stairs the normal way albeit at a greatly reduced pace than normal. My weight is slowly coming down and every .2 pounds helps.

hosting a gathering today, it will probably be the last such gathering at this house before we sell it. my aunt came up from FL to visit my mom, she hasn't seen her sister in at least 2 years and long before she went into the memory care facility. we're hosting it here because my brother and his wife are estranged and their house is not available for the occasion.

figures I have a new amp that needs to be broken in and it will just have to wait. I'm hoping to be back to normal walking by the end of next week and then it's a matter of getting my lazy ass to the gym when the weather doesn't cooperate. If that means I have to drive there every day, so be it. It looks like November will be an intensive activity month as I try to make up for missing all of October. I want everything ready before the end of the year and we'll put the house on the market.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Happy belated birthday, good luck in the ER, have a great gig, good luck in the ER keep up with the knee rehab!

I worked another 6 day week, hopefully, my last for a while. I'm meeting someone at 11am to buy a hand painted Fuzz Factory.

We're making some (our version of) Mexican white cheese chicken and a bunch of other side dishes. We're having 6 people over for an afternoon meal. It'll be a good time.

I was able to find time to play yesterday. During the day, I was so glad to be able to find time, and I love my Strat. This morning at 3am, I was sitting on my deck, playing with the dogs, and playing the Martin. For a long time, I had lost my joy in playing. For the first time in more than 3 years, I'm playing because I WANT to play.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison