Thread: Teese Wheels of Fire Wah!

Teese Wheels of Fire Wah!

my "Wheels of Fire" Wah arrived wednesday, and it totally knocked me for a loop! i was expecting a wah that'd sound like my tuning for the rmc3. not a chance! it's got the really wide, vocal wah, BUT it is so much richer & bigger sounding, all the way around. i popped the rmc3 back in my chain to compare, & it sounded thin next to the WOF. there is absolutely no boxiness, & chords retain their full richness. and i've only tried it with my sg so far. but with either the v-stack or dp1 kicked in, that big wide wah is still there, even on the neck p'up, with the tone rolled back to 5-6 to get the "woman tone." i can only imagine how great it's gonna sound with my strat! and wherever you "park" the pedal, the fixed tones are rich & smooth, even in the more trebly areas! white room & rainy day, dream away are as fat, rich & vocal as you remember the originals to be! geoff has SO-O-O nailed it with this wah! there is NOTHING on the market that sounds anywhere near close! & with the adjustable Q, you can set it to whatever feels comfortable. & being able to turn the pedal off via the vol pot, with a battery in the unit is too bloody hip! actually, the ability to adjust the volume for specific applications (like when you're recording!) is a godsend.

ml

i posted this on the music toyz forum a coupla days ago. Well-l-l-l... i DID try it with the strat, & here are the results? this wah is pretty special.
    Last edited by badmuddy; 10-03-2003 at 02:01 PM.
    "no, no, your all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-zon that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

i'm using the SR set of Jim Wagner's, btw.

ml
    "no, no, your all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-zon that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

next...

ml

and

ml

finally!

ml

Badmuddy, that sounds awesome!

The wheels of fire sound/vibe is totally there!

Very fat and vocal....

thanks for uploading your files!

I still totally dig my Teese Picture Wah! That for me is the best!

I love my Teese Picture wah. Is it similar with a little more bass and meat?
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

it's a pic wah on steroids, basically. yeah, the bass has been tweaked to be louder. the highs, too. the mids are flat. it creates a really deep scoop, if you will. and it has the halo inducter, as well, which makes it so bloody rich sounding throughout the frequencies.

ml

Originally posted by badmuddy
    it's a pic wah on steroids, basically. yeah, the bass has been tweaked to be louder. the highs, too. the mids are flat. it creates a really deep scoop, if you will. and it has the halo inducter, as well, which makes it so bloody rich sounding throughout the frequencies.

ml
    Hmmmm....very cool! Even though this tuning can be achieved with the RMC3, the WOF wah probably has a (better) different frequency because of the halo inductor...RMC3 does not have the halo...However, the RD/RMC3's do..Confusing??? Sounds like a winner badmuddy!

one other thing, though. does the rd/rmc3 have the italiano arco caps? the wof does, like the pic wah.

ml

Forum Member
    How new are the Wheel of Fire wahs? I just checked RMC's site and there isn't any mention of it. I think Teese makes some great wah wahs.
    Got Strat

if you head on over to the les paul forum, you can find out for yourself!

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/sh...threadid=58807

i DID originally have them posted here, as they WERE done on a strat, but they magically disappeared. whether or not the WOF wah gets added to geoff's lineup is up to his customers' feedback. i personally feel it needs to be, as it does NOT exist anywhere else, in anyone elses pedals.

ml