Thread: Gah! Is It Sunday Already? (Thread for 10/13/2019)

Gah! Is It Sunday Already? (Thread for 10/13/2019)

Hard to believe that after sleeping in until 6:45 this morning, I woke to find it still pitch dark out. Where has the summer gone? Since I'm running again, I have to wait longer in the morning so I can see the path!

So, it's Sunday again. No baseball championship games for me today (my team, the Washington Nationals have jumped to a 2-0 lead, much to my amazement!). I will visit the local fire department this morning for their monthly all-you-can-eat breakfast. $10 is the best bargain in town!

Later, more practice, and if I get motivated, some cleanup around the digs. Mostly just taking it easy today.

Hoping everyone has a delightful Sunday!

Re: Gah! Is It Sunday Already? (Thread for 10/13/2019)

one of the local veterans groups used to do one of those breakfasts, then they lost their building and are still looking for a new home. I could go for breakfast but I've been working on getting my weight down so I can walk again without hurting my knees. Yeah, I know, breakfast the most important meal, yadda yadda etc but since I've been basically eating one meal and one snack a day it's been working.

The new amp had a problem from the first time I turned it on, I made a video and sent the link to my sales guy. The tech support called and arranged for a replacement.

no football this sunday. my aunt is arriving today their first visit up north in a couple years. we're going to have a get together some time next week. Since my brother is estranged from his wife their house is not available for hosting and I've got the only other house.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Cooling off here, lit the furnace yesterday. Supposed to warm back up today, but pretty soon, we'll get a freeze!
    My daughter came home from Yuma for the weekend, asked me yesterday to put her bag together so she can shoot with us.
    My beautiful bride if getting around much better, yesterday, while I went to town, she got a bath by herself!

Today will be a major lawn cleanup. It rained so much last week that it never got cut - it's really high - and leaves are starting to pile up. I need to get a new spark plug for the hand mower - it won't start. The rider is working fine and that will bear the brunt of the work. Lot's of fun is predicted.... NOT!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I worked a lot of OT last week, including 6 hours yesterday, so I'm not doing a lot today. Probably go for a walk with my wife, work on the Vibrolux Reverb and our bathtub.

My plans are up in the air today. My girlfriend has MS, and she's "symptom-y" at the moment--balance and fatigue issues. Her brother, a Navy Ensign, is coming to her mom's, and I don't know if my girl will be feeling all right. I hope so. She hasn't seen her brother in 2 years and she's been waiting for this.

Otherwise I'm happy for a change on Sunday--fall break; I don't teach again until Wednesday.

Music wise today, I'll be playing acoustic and writing. I went back and listened to my past recordings, and that gave me a bit of confidence to write write write. Sometimes you get inspiration from your accomplishments, no matter how small those accomplishments are.

Have a great day, everyone.

Glad to be back amongst ye--I really dig it here.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I went back and listened to my past recordings, and that gave me a bit of confidence to write write write. Sometimes you get inspiration from your accomplishments, no matter how small those accomplishments are.

I like having you back, Willie! And thanks for the comment above. I haven't written anything in decades! But once, a long time ago, I was a songwriter. In fact, I aced one of my college music theory courses by taking one of my original compositions and writing it in four-part harmony.

So, because in large part the lessons I took have re-ignited my interest in playing, maybe I'll start writing again, too. Thanks!

Had quite a bad weekend. Had to work and people just wouldn't leave me alone, and it's been a while since I've been so pissed off. Add to that a damned hangover. Went to a jazz cafe last night and had a couple of beers that really didn't sit down well.

A few tabs later I was feeling better (barely).

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is finally giving me a break. I still feel it but much less. Probably because I reduced my daily time with the cell phone in hand. You guys have no idea how harmful this little thing is to your hands and wrists when you overuse it. Brave new world, huh...

Sorry for the foul mood, fellows.

Good to see everyone here. Like Willie said, I like it here a lot.

Thanksgiving Sunday here in the Deep North - yes, we do it on a Sunday and in October! Brilliant weather today and we just finished turkey dinner and all the fixins with the extended family. Now I'm stuffed, tired and had one too many drinks and starting to get the early evening hangover. Yuk! I think an hour or two of Netflix is in order.

Holiday Monday tomorrow so all is not bad - short workweek and then on holiday again on Friday!