Thread: My Latest Musical Obsession

My Latest Musical Obsession

....Snarky Puppy!

Another gem from my alma mater - University of North Texas - Denton, TX.

Lots of good local music in my neck of the woods.
    Last edited by NTBluesGuitar; 10-07-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

TFF Stage Crew

Re: My Latest Musical Obsession

For years I tried to get my oldest son interested in music, but nothing could really beat the appeal of video games. Until Snarky Puppy. The first time he heard me listen to the "We Like It Here" album four years ago, he got hooked instantly. He first took up bass because he liked Michael League so much, and now he's in the drumline in his high school. Amazing rhythm section stuff going on all the time, and all their various guitar players are inspiring. (I love Mark Lettieri!)

However, I don't think I've even been more blown away by any improvised solo than I was (and am) by Cory Henry's solo on Lingus. When he starts doubling the solo with his other hand on a separate keyboard, my jaw damn near broke from dropping so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    ...However, I don't think I've even been more blown away by any improvised solo than I was (and am) by Cory Henry's solo on Lingus. When he starts doubling the solo with his other hand on a separate keyboard, my jaw damn near broke from dropping so hard.
    Dude...so right!!! Watch Shaun Martin's face when he does it, too, he had to walk away.

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Dude...so right!!! Watch Shaun Martin's face when he does it, too, he had to walk away.
    I just watched that on my music room stereo. Oh yeah, thanks for posting that. I really dug it and it was quite inspirational. I even picked up guitar towards the end and plugged into my amp for the first time in forever. After the video was over I was playing and in a serious groove and dang, I haven't had that kind of fire in my playing in freaking ages.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I just watched that on my music room stereo. Oh yeah, thanks for posting that. I really dug it and it was quite inspirational. I even picked up guitar towards the end and plugged into my amp for the first time in forever. After the video was over I was playing and in a serious groove and dang, I haven't had that kind of fire in my playing in freaking ages.
    The power of great music to inspire us. Love it.