Thread: Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, It's October (and no snow) Sunday

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, It's October (and no snow) Sunday

I'm back! I spent last week walking my feet off (I logged 13.3 miles one day) in the heart of Austria's capital, Vienna. The weather was absolutely gorgeous the first three days, then it cooled off a bit, but was seasonally refreshing. I didn't touch a guitar the whole time, but when I got home last night, I spent about an hour getting re-acquainted with one again.

It's now October, and we can use the seasonal smilies now with abandon!

After a good 8-9 hours of sleep, I'm refreshed and ready to look to the week ahead. Here's hoping everyone has a terrific Sunday!

Re: Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, It's October (and no snow) Sunday

Well, we finally got a day with no rain here, but all local rivers are really high and I believe Lake Michigan is at a near record high level. As a result of the constant bad weather farmers cannot get crops off the fields, and prep for next year seems will be a real challenge for them. Mother Nature has not been happy.
    Hope all have a good day.

Forum Member

Looking good here in the "Land of Enchantment". Went to a 2 gun shoot with the other club yesterday, they are mainly younger, (and faster)! It was fun! I plan to take my wife's pool down today, need to plan on a replacement for next year, this one developed a few leaks!

Cold the last two nights. Dreary day today - no ambition to do anything. Doing a lot of corresponding with my newly discovered birth mom. I'm learning about her and she is learning about me...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

cool cloudy day here, half time on the game. Been doing a lot of exploring of Logic Pro and still barely got my feet wet. still taking it easy on the knee but progress is being made on the return to activity. had to back out on a couple of entertainment opportunities but I can ill afford to be out of commission in the next couple of months, got to get the house ready for sale.

geezum, don't say that "S" word, man. way too dang early. If memory serves, 40 years ago we had one of the earliest accumulations of snow I can recall, 4 inches of snow October 10th, 1979. The leaves were still on the trees and the destruction was immense. It might have been surpassed by the Snowpocalyse of '11 even though it was 2 and a half weeks later in the month but there was 11 inches of heavy wet snow here.

it was during my first semester at college and it set up one of the coldest winters I ever remember. Interestingly enough, it was probably one of the last super cold winters we've had. Ever since then all these newcomers who have moved here think we were exaggerating about the harshness, they just haven't seen a real winter yet. We've had some snowy years but nothing truly soul-crushing as those multiple week long spells when the temperature doesn't get higher than the single digits, including often a week of sub-zero for highs as well. Then you would have the January thaw to be followed by the cruelty of February, the longest 28 day month of the year. No, these newbies don't know real cabin fever or true bleak despair of ever being warm again.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We don't usually get any real snow here until January though it can happen in December. I usually pull out the snow blower and istall snow tires on Thanksgiving weekend and have never been caught out doing that.