Thread: The (Very Early) Sunday Morning Thread for September29

The (Very Early) Sunday Morning Thread for September29

Greetings from Vienna! It's now nearly 10:00 am, but back home it's only 4:00am. I landed and had to wait for my luggage, but now I'm enjoying breakfast in an airport eatery. I have met my guide and a couple of folks on the tour and we will be heading to the hotel as soon as the rest of the gang have been rounded up.

I didn't think I'd have time to post, but you know how it is: You take the opportunity when it presents itself.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Re: The (Very Early) Sunday Morning Thread for September29

Have a great trip! Today will be busy - after the wife goes to church we have to go pick up a rental car. She was driving to an AA meeting Thursday night with a friend when a car T-Boned her Subaru and then took off. Both doors destroyed - might be totaled - some body damage behind the doors (it's a 2009).

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Yesterday we had a houseful of guests including a couple with four young children--we had a great time, setting up the sprinklers and watching the kids have fun.

Last night, my girlfriend, a young friend, and I sat on the back deck playing guitars. They're beginners, but we had a great time.

Today is chores and moreeeeeee guitar playing.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Well, it’s a rainy, dreary morning here behind the cheddar curtain but we won’t let that have any effect on the day. Off to breakfast with friends followed by several hours of learning new material. I have to have vocals, harmonies and tunes in the old noggin by 10/20 for the first gig. It does get harder as you get older.

I've been plugging away at my new acquisition, software for a change. I should post at the "What have you bought" thread. Last Sunday night, i broke down and purchased Logic Pro X after I upgraded my music room computer to Mojave.

Vintage military aircraft have been flying overhead since Friday. I hadn't seen them but I heard them. Not a peep in the local media at all, it wasn't until this morning's flights when i googled 'air show near me' when I found it. Also weekend of the Deerfield Fair, best weather they've had in years and me with a knee in dire need of RICE (rest ice compression elevation). It's getting better but the thought of a half mile (at least) walk through a lumpy grass field parking lot and miles of aisles practically makes it want to swell up. I even abstained from the New England music festival downtown yesterday for the same reason. Quite frustrating but priorities, don't make it worse. I have too much work to do in the house to get laid up by knee injuries. I've lost 2 weeks already.

National Coffee Day, I am partaking
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Beautiful sunny day here.

Woke up late and right now I'm sipping my usual 3rd cup of coffee while I wait for lunch.

Won't have to hit the road this weekend, as I took the usual road trip for band practice last Thursday. Btw it was quite funny, we finished the session at the studio arount 10:30 pm and I drove to the inn I was booked in for a shower, a couple of beers, dinner and bed.

I was tired and decided not to order anything fancy and wait for delivery. I just stopped by the next convenience store at a gas station, picked up a six pack of Corona Extra and bought some canned meatballs and salad to go.

As I was eating in my room, the obviously not-too-fancy meat from the can reminded me of Mel Gibson in Mad Max 2, eating Dinki Di dog food:

The things we do throughout our "rockstar" years...

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I've been plugging away at my new acquisition, software for a change. I should post at the "What have you bought" thread. Last Sunday night, i broke down and purchased Logic Pro X after I upgraded my music room computer to Mojave.

Vintage military aircraft have been flying overhead since Friday. I hadn't seen them but I heard them. Not a peep in the local media at all, it wasn't until this morning's flights when i googled 'air show near me' when I found it. Also weekend of the Deerfield Fair, best weather they've had in years and me with a knee in dire need of RICE (rest ice compression elevation). It's getting better but the thought of a half mile (at least) walk through a lumpy grass field parking lot and miles of aisles practically makes it want to swell up. I even abstained from the New England music festival downtown yesterday for the same reason. Quite frustrating but priorities, don't make it worse. I have too much work to do in the house to get laid up by knee injuries. I've lost 2 weeks already.

You probably are close enough for spillover from the Westover Air Base air show, but I think it's an off year (they usually do every other year and earlier in the season). THAT is one heck of an air show!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Vintage military aircraft have been flying overhead since Friday. I hadn't seen them but I heard them. Not a peep in the local media at all, it wasn't until this morning's flights when i googled 'air show near me' when I found it.

Blues Man, I’m kind of lucky that the annual EAA air show is 60 miles up the road from me at Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Over the years I’ve seen some really great aircraft (and people) there like the Concord before it was mothballed. I have a neat photo of it doing a low level pass over the runway that would be a pretty uncommon photo of the Concord. One year we even got to meet Pappy Boyington of the original Black Sheep Squadron.

We’re on Block Island (in the state of Rhode Island) for the weekend. We just had 2 awesome beach days. Really weird for the end of September!
    We rented a convertible Smart car today. What a great car to tour a tiny island (10 square miles) with!