Thread: Good Morning! It's Sunday, September 22, 2019

Good Morning! It's Sunday, September 22, 2019

I know it's still morning because my computer is still in "dark" mode. I have no reason to be up so early, but I'm an early riser and I can't help it.

I went to my high school class 50 year reunion last night. It's an all-weekend event for those coming from out of town, but I'm local, so I just went for dinner. It's amazing what 50 years does to some people. One of the first people to come over and greet me warmly was a guy who split my lip one day getting off the school bus because he was being a "tough guy." I guess we're past that now, eh?

We had a good showing. My graduating class was about 340 people, and over 100 were present. Roughly 10 percent have passed. I went to show I wasn't one of them. Truthfully, high school was NOT the pinnacle of my life. I was more eager to get done with it than to join in the frivolity and peer grouping. It was in college that I blossomed.

Today, although I have the option of returning for breakfast and/or lunch, I'm going to just resume my present life. Church this morning, then I'm going to grit my teeth and see about adjusting the neck relief on my Taylor acoustic. The war between summer and autumn has begun. Today, summer is going to have the upper hand, with temperatures around 90°. Time to enjoy it while it lasts, as the leaves are just now beginning to turn.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Re: Good Morning! It's Sunday, September 22, 2019

Funny - I went to my 40th a few year ago and realized all the old cliques were still there and I wasn't in any of them. My 50th will be in 2021 and if I'm still alive I don't plan on attending. Other than cutting the grass I have few plans - we ahd more family drama this week and I'm too numb to do much else but sleep.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

The high school I attended was 12 graduates my senior year, (a large class).
    I got my beautiful bride home Friday, she's really doing well! Medicare will pay for 2 more weeks of in home PT, so she will have a little more help getting back to normal.
    Had to bury my youngest's little dobie yesterday, our county road has taken several good dogs over the years!
    Shoot today, and it's my birthday, depending on the stages, maybe win the match, and give the "kids" fits!

Happy birthday!

I need to mow the lawn today- if I successfully repaired the mower. I don't want to buy a new one- I'm allergic to grass and my wife has knee issues. I want to pay someone else to mow it!

I'm repairing droopy eyeball vents in the Miata. They used a flocked tape inside the sockets to hold them still 22 years ago. It has worn and migrated to the point that the vents don't always stay where I aimed them. It's not a problem until I want to use the heat. It was 40F on Thursday and Friday morning. They stayed put on Thursday and I was fine. The did not on Friday and I was cold w/o the vents aiming at my hands.

Hopefully, I'll get tio watch the Singapore Grand Prix and clean and set up that new to me Guild Blues 90!

Shitty week nursing my CTS with ice and anti-inflamatories.

It's 11:16 am now, and I'm about to have early lunch and hit the road for band practice.

War between summer and fall - I like it OldStrummer!

Same me thing up here. - shorts and T-shirt weather today; who knows for tomorrow.

We we sold our cottage/lake house last week after having it listed for only less than a week. Got our asking price and we close on 4 October.

Now I’m in the process of packing up. Not too onerous since we sold it fully furnished. Just have to pack up personal stuff and do a quick clean before the handover.

Been a a good ten years there but now on to other things! I see a sailboat in my future....
    Last edited by dirtdog; 09-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.

been nursing a sore knee for about 10 days now. Made the mistake of buying new shoes and wearing them on Thursday morning. By the afternoon I could barely get out of a chair. Tylenol and ice. There was a show last night reuniting a band that I really wanted to see, I almost didn't go because of my knee. I went and I'm so glad I did. Great show and surprisingly enough I stood almost the whole night and my knee isn't killing me today. I behaved myself and didn't get out on the dancing floor even though I so wanted to.

my football watching companions are running a 5K today so I'm on my own. I want to play guitar. I downloaded the latest version of GarageBand. Not a whole lot different from what I was doing before but I barely tap into the vast resources of loops and sounds. Seriously considering Logic Pro
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I went to Memphis yesterday, running on just hours of sleep in the last few days. We had guests, and I fell asleep on them when we moved to the deck after dinner. Rock star or rude? Close friends--they understood.

Woke in the middle of the night, came out with my guitar, and the girlfriend and I were singing at 3am. Went back to sleep for some glorious hours. Now, I'm back up at 11am. Going to be a great day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    War between summer and fall - I like it OldStrummer!
    Yeah, but we know how it turns out. No matter how hard summer fights, autumn wins in the end. Kind of Biblical, if you get my meaning.

Happy Birthday Bill.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Forum Member

Thanks all!
    I didn't win the match, but took second, (damn kids!)

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I went to my high school class 50 year reunion last night. It's an all-weekend event for those coming from out of town, but I'm local, so I just went for dinner. It's amazing what 50 years does to some people. One of the first people to come over and greet me warmly was a guy who split my lip one day getting off the school bus because he was being a "tough guy." I guess we're past that now, eh?

We had a good showing. My graduating class was about 340 people, and over 100 were present. Roughly 10 percent have passed.
    Hey, it was also my class reunion weekend but it was the 55 year version. I think that with about 110 classmates present it was a nice size group. We had 533 graduate with 114 now deceased. I was asked to sit in and play some tunes with the band so, along with seeing many old friends, it was a fun evening.

Sunday was my birthday so a nice day was had with friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Hey, it was also my class reunion weekend but it was the 55 year version. I think that with about 110 classmates present it was a nice size group. We had 533 graduate with 114 now deceased. I was asked to sit in and play some tunes with the band so, along with seeing many old friends, it was a fun evening.

Sunday was my birthday so a nice day was had with friends and family.
    Happy birthday, Laker. Sounds like it was a hat-trick weekend for you!