Thread: Where is everybody? - Sunday search post...

Where is everybody? - Sunday search post...

So, it's Sunday - another week over... Hope your day is a good one - hope your week is a good one... that is all!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Re: Where is everybody? - Sunday search post...

Last week was tough!
    My beautiful bride fell and broke her leg. The doc's were able to screw things back together, but she's looking at a long haul to get back to her usual routine. She is out, staying with her sister for now. Our place is on the side of a hill, and a little rough to get around with a walker. My daughter's friend is going to build a ramp in place of the steps up to our deck.

Ouch. I took a tumble in the garage moving stuff to prep for dismantling some stuff to haul to the dump. Where i was going down had a bunch of metal frames with upright poky parts. I'm not afraid of making contact with the ground but punctured lungs/broken ribs are a scary affair so I had to throw my left arm out to catch myself. I lucked out and didn't hurt much, although I did get some scrapes on my left ankle and shin. A little bit of swelling on the side of the left thumb base knuckle. It didn't affect guitar playing last night.

bought a chiminea last week, going to finally indulge in my inner firebug. Weather is getting perfect for sitting out there with a brewski and playing pyro.

Of course our first game of the season is a freaking Sunday night game, thanks a bunch, NFL. I wanted to go to my friend's house to watch but that late night drive home with all those drunks? Brrr. No thanks. If he didn't have to work the next day I'd stay over.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

The title of the Sunday thread appeals to me a lot.

Where is everybody? I wish everyone started posting more so that the place would be happier, I mean a post or two per week wouldn't hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    So, it's Sunday - another week over... Hope your day is a good one - hope your week is a good one... that is all!!!

Relaxing Sunday morning here. Spring is finally here (Southern hemysphere, so it's the other way around), and I can't wait for Summer. I hate cold weather and rain. Sun is life.

Anyway, right now it's 12:30pm and I'm having my 5th cup of coffee of the day while I nurse my bad tendonitis. Played a Saturday night gig last week and barely made it through the last set. Terrible. The only thing I miss about playing SGs is how damn ergonomic they are compared to Strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Last week was tough!
    My beautiful bride fell and broke her leg. The doc's were able to screw things back together, but she's looking at a long haul to get back to her usual routine. She is out, staying with her sister for now. Our place is on the side of a hill, and a little rough to get around with a walker. My daughter's friend is going to build a ramp in place of the steps up to our deck.
    Sorry to hear that, bro. Best wishes of a good recovery to her.

Bill, best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

It it is a normal Sunday here on the pond. I have a long list of things to accomplish and an already dreading the heat on Monday. It has been a long hot summer.

I plugged in, turned up, and played for almost two hours on Friday night. It felt really good.

Y’all be well.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Took my sweetie and her son to meet my sibs in Nashville. That went well. I took them to see the Parthenon. To see an interested 12 yr old totally in awe was worth the whole day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

After our usual Sunday morning breakfast with our friends I had an afternoon of learning tunes with a new band. A lot of the stuff I have either never played or it has been many years since touching base with them so it was a real mental workout. Some of the tunes were Mr. Magic, Little Wing, Why Does Love Have to Hurt So Bad, and Paul B. Allen Omaha Nebraska.

Forum Member

My week in review because I don't do much on Sundays. Mostly just a chill day for me. The week has been a good one for me. 3 weeks ago my doc and I decided to stop Lipator to see if that would reduce a lot of body pain for me. I happy to say that it has. Getting up it no longer takes me a football field of movement before I can walk with the appearance of a human. Over the counter pain meds are actually working better for my other issues now. Yeah.

Tuesday, I had to take my wife in for oral surgery. It went really well and I've been looking after her since. They gave her some good drugs to take on the way to the office and a good time was had by all.

The hurricane that passed by gave us some rain and humidity but that's it. All week we've been enjoying the mild temps of the coming fall with open arms. Summer's working its way down to Sergio.

Sorry to hear the news, Bill. My best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

I got up this morning and decided I was NOT going to start the Sunday thread! It's been awfully quiet here, and I don't want to always be the Sunday thread starter. I'm glad to see there is one, though.

Last week I gave my notice to the running store. They're closing the location I work at and I don't want to work at another location. So I'm working my hours for the rest of the month and then I'm gone. I worked Friday night and all day Saturday. Today has been "project day" for me. Some of you tinker with guitars, some of you with amps. I tinker with computers.

I'm re-purposing an old Mac laptop to replace an even older Mac laptop I use as a media server, whose trackpad and CD/DVD drive have failed. Part of the project involves adding a Linux virtual machine to it so I can run two OSes side by side. It's easy to do when everything is up to date. On older equipment, no so much...

I'm also going to tackle intonating my Taylor acoustic. There's too much gap between the strings and the frets at the 12th fret, so I'm going to watch
    this video several times until I think I have it down. Wish me luck!

Beautiful weather here this weekend. Dorian brushed Cape Cod but we just got a little rain on Friday night. I jammed with friends on Friday night. Just bass, cajon, un-mic'd vocals and my '59 ES225 through my tweed Champ clone at conversation level with my new Strymon Flint. Awesome sound and great fun!

We went to Beavertail State Park in Jamestown, RI (lighthouse and site of nearly 100 shipwrecks) yesterday to look at the surf that Dorian kicked up. The surf wasn't as wild as we had hoped, but the weather was beautiful! Great day!

Forum Member

Thank you all! She's moving around with a little less trouble today, but still a lot of pain.
    Old Strummer, I envy you tech guys! I can only do basic maintenance, change hardware, etc. I started charging Val's old Toshiba, I need to set it up so she can access her work computer from her sister's house. After getting it out, I'm thinking I should trade her for the laptop I use for diagnostics in the shop, it's lighter, has a bigger screen, I'll ask her.
    For quite a few years now I've been using the HP low profile machines, they can be had for $50-$100 on the 'bay. Lift off top, everything can be changed with no tools, and they all support at least 8GB RAM. With Win 7, some of the older processors won't handle the updates, so I had to upgrade to Win 10 on a couple. We will get used to it!

Made a run to Dunkin and then to Home Depot but I got called back by my neighbor because the wife stopped by their house while I was gone and was so drunk she almost fell twice in their front yard. The wife is a nurse so she checked vitals and then left... nothing much to do except fight the rest of the afternoon. I booked a room at Lake George for next weekend - I'm going to take a weekend trip solo to get away for a couple days. I need sleep - get precious little lately.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain