Thread: The Sunday Post for "Is It September Already?"

The Sunday Post for "Is It September Already?"

Yes, it's September. We've had a streak of near perfect weather lately, but that may change as Hurricane Dorian makes it way north. So, enjoy it while we can!

And enjoying it is what I have in mind. For the first time in a bit I have a three day weekend where neither of my jobs is imposing (with my acceptance, of course) its will on my time.

Yesterday was luxurious. I lazed around the house in the morning then went for a three mile run at ten o'clock. The rest of the day was spent cooking, working on a computer project, binge-watching the Battlestar Galactica remake, playing guitar and watching baseball. Today will be church, then more of the cooking, computer tweaking, guitar playing and baseball watching. I haven't figured out what to watch tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday. And if you're home tomorrow (it's Labor Day in the U.S. - a federal holiday), have a great one!

Re: The Sunday Post for "Is It September Already?"

We played an electric set at a bbq yesterday, listened to a friend's band play two sets, then had an acoustic jam until midnight. In betwee, we ate great food, drank beer and hung out with friends. It was a great day!

Recovery today.

I was sick yesterday. IBS—a shitty day.

Woke at 7:30 feeling better. I woke to my girlfriend jamming on bass. Haha. I was in heaven.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

This has been a terrible weekend. the wife is on a bender and is in full "assh0le drunk" mode...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I have a mission to transfer my youngest brother's cache of books from his old bedroom to his new apartment, without his girlfriend finding out. Subterfuge at its best. Difficulty factor: 12 banker's boxes She's supposed to be going home today so I'm waiting for the coast to be clear.

damn, can't believe it's freaking September already. Summer is officially over now. I don't care what the weather does, it's fall now. My nephew has decided that he is going back to school after all. I wish him good luck. My middle brother is leaving this afternoon for the 7 hour drive.

Well, I guess it's official. My landscaper is AWOL and apparently has quit the business. I had to borrow a lawnmower as I don't even own one anymore and my brother helped me mow the lawn. My yard is a shambles and we're trying to sell the house in the near future. I've got to find somebody to take over as I'm busy with the inside of the house.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    This has been a terrible weekend. the wife is on a bender and is in full "assh0le drunk" mode...
    That's rough. Drunks and addicts have an almost uncanny ability to screw things up at the worst time. I feel for you.

Played a gig last night. It went very well, I played quite well despite a shitty tendonitis that has been a PITA.

We were the opening act, so we finished the job around midnight and had enough time to sit down and unwind, having beers and snacks.

Hit the road back home this morning with the GF.

Recovering. Need coffee.

1Today, I listened to a wonderful person lament about how they were being treated and I wanted to hug that person to let them know that they were a valued friend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    That's rough. Drunks and addicts have an almost uncanny ability to screw things up at the worst time. I feel for you.
    Thanks OS!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    1Today, I listened to a wonderful person lament about how they were being treated and I wanted to hug that person to let them know that they were a valued friend.
    Thanks - it helps to hear words like this once in a while

Missed this post.

Keep the faith, my friend!

But on the other hand, you got to wheel a Ferrari!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    But on the other hand, you got to wheel a Ferrari!
    Zoom Zoom!!!

She was fine on the Maine trip - we actually had a great time - when she got home is when the trouble started...