Thread: The Last Sunday Thread for August

The Last Sunday Thread for August

Good morning! The weather has become very pleasant the last couple of days, which is unusual for August around here. I'm sure we'll get back into the "hazy, hot and humid" dog days, but this weekend has been a delight. To get a sense, imagine not using air-conditioning. It's been that nice!

I spent the week in Chicago, and returned home Friday night. I didn't take my travel guitar, so I've spent a bit of quality time playing since I got back. I did run along the shores of Lake Michigan, however, so I categorize that as my sightseeing!

Not much planned today -- day of rest, you know. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Re: The Last Sunday Thread for August

Good morning! Vacation week! Leaving today for a few days in Maine. Spending time with friends. He has a Ferrari - I'm hoping for a chance to drive it! Hopefully the wife will stay sober and we'll have a good time...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

no rest for the weary. no sooner than my nephew moves out that my brother needs a place to chill for a while. At least he won't be up all night and sleep all day. With all the work he has to do and travel I probably won't be seeing much of him.

Got rid of some furniture this week. Moving stuff around in the garage so hopefully i'll be able to put my car inside again. Now I've got to wade through about 3 dozen banker's boxes of my stuff and make the call as to what stays and what goes and where it goes.

Still no word from my landscaper, if I don't hear from him by next Sunday I'll have to call somebody else.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

My son had a 2-day drift event in Loudon, NH this weekend. That's 2-1/2 hours from home. He got there and his car had electrical problems stemming from an electrical fire he had at the last event in Virginia a month ago. He repaired it well enough to get through that event, but not well enough to get through this one. So he trailered the car home, we pushed it in the garage and then we put lowering springs and a new stabilizer end link in his 2000 BMW 328 (he welded the diff solid a while ago) and he put that on the trailer and hauled it to Loudon for today. The car drifted nice, but it would lose oil pressure and shut off and go into limp mode every time it spun out.

Anyway, our job now is to completely rewire the LS powered 240SX before the next event in Montreal next month.

Hard week on the pond.

I was out of work all week trying to get the in-laws in to assisted care.

They’re signed in to a very nice place close to home, their doctors, and across the street from the hospital. I have no idea when they’ll actually move in. I’m sad, tired, and feel utterly defeated.
    Other family members are there now trying to assist.

I feel like cranking the Twin and figuring out how close I can get to the Sex Pistols.

I hope y’all are well and the sun shines favorably on your week.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

My girlfriend and I had 13 people over for grilling. Six kids were among them. I set up the yard sprinkler, and they had a blast. I've always missed having my kids around. Those kids were so sweet and good.

Yesterday we were going to Outback, but we were exhausted from Saturday night.

BTW, she's coming along on bass. I taught her "I Wanna Be Sedated" and she picked it up quickly.

Today is the first day of classes for me. I've decided to take on a cowboy persona for a while just for fun. I've got the requisite John B. Stetson, boots, and vocabulary. Hi Ho Silver!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison