Thread: The Thread For Sunday, August 11

The Thread For Sunday, August 11

Summer must be in the deep right now, as activity on the board has all but fallen off. I check in daily, but honestly, I don't have a lot going on myself. Tomorrow will be my last guitar lesson -- at least for a while -- and then I'm left to my own.

My daughter and her family have been a bit under the weather, so I haven't visited with them in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping we'll have brunch today, and I'll see how quickly my grandson has grown. He's two months old, now!

Wishing everyone well. Congratulations Chuck, for your recent success with the band!

Forum Member

Re: The Thread For Sunday, August 11

A little clearer today than yesterday, maybe we will have a match today. My wife hasn't been in her pool since last Sunday! Maybe it'll be clear enough for her today.
    I've been watching your other thread, and have been working on fretting, and slide on my "slide" SG tuned open E. Both my lap, and pedal steel are E9, but I'm liking the sounds possible with this method.

I can't believe how fast this summer is passing.

I've been limited with my playing since having "trigger finger" surgery on my right hand with the affected finger feeling like it is sprained. I'm supposed to start therapy on Tuesday so we'll see how that flies. Hope all have a great Sunday!

this past week got off to a rocky start as all my ferocious work over the previous weekend caught to me. Mostly it was dehydration but there were environmental effects of the work (dust and mold, likely). Then I had a trip to Boston on Thursday that required an ungodly early start that I'm just barely recuperating from. The trip was fine but the utter destruction of my sleep cycle is still affecting me. I need to get back into my game mode and return to working on the house. I'm feeling less than confident that I'll get my studio set up downstairs before we put the house on the market.

Part of the thing that's worrying me is where am I going to live next. I have absolutely no leads whatsoever and I need to start looking, which is hard to do when there is so much that needs to be done.

But the weather has been delightful, considering that it is August and usually miserably humid. Actually had to go back into the house for a long sleeve shirt when I tried to go out last night. End of high summer in southern NH.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"