Thread: Busy!

Busy!

I thought I was getting too old for this but apparently not.

This a another weekend of multiple shows. Two today and another tomorrow. Good news is the band is making money and we're even starting to get airplay regionally. I'm enjoying the freedom of doing mostly original tunes since I can play it how I think (along with input and feedback from the songwriter and bandmates) it should be played.

None of us really want to be working this hard forever, but we all agree this pace for the summer should tighten us up to where we have a really good band. The music is strong and my goal is to help the singer/songwriter showcase the songs and help him have one get picked up. He's a great guy and I enjoy being part of the team supporting him.

Good news is that the Sunday job is in the afternoon and just so happens to be about a hundred yards from the boat! How often does it work out like that?

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Busy!

Enjoy, Chuck. These are some of the greatest moments for a guitar player.

Nah, the greatest moments are when it's new and you're just starting out.

Now it's a job, and that's about all it is. Sunday was hot, outside, sound sucked and I'm now totally over the constant smell of barbecue that seems to be mandatory for all outside affairs these days. And all the time being onstage looking at the boat and wishing I was on it instead of having to work.

After a while the audiences all start to look the same.

Three load-ins and outs in two days takes a toll too.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Nah, the greatest moments are when it's new and you're just starting out.

Now it's a job, and that's about all it is. Sunday was hot, outside, sound sucked and I'm now totally over the constant smell of barbecue that seems to be mandatory for all outside affairs these days. And all the time being onstage looking at the boat and wishing I was on it instead of having to work.

After a while the audiences all start to look the same.

Three load-ins and outs in two days takes a toll too.

Chuck
    Come on, man. If it were just a job and all the thrill were gone, you wouldn’t be doing it and posting here about it, would you?

Btw check your inbox

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Come on, man. If it were just a job and all the thrill were gone, you wouldn’t be doing it and posting here about it, would you?
    The money's good. I enjoy getting out with the guys. I like the teamwork aspect of playing, but I'm not doing it for thrills.

YMMV, but after decades of playing the people I see who get into it for "thrill" or "Love of the music" don't last very long, because that wears off really quickly once you become established.

I have two shows this week and trust me, there are other things I'd rather be doing.