Thread: The "It's August Already?" Sunday Thread

The "It's August Already?" Sunday Thread

Good morning/afternoon/evening! Summer is in full swing as is evidenced by the lack of posting on the site lately. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and staying cool if you're in the heat.

I keep having health swings, but overall things are good. I've been working quite a bit lately, and have applied at a new company. We'll see. Today, I hope to spend time with my daughter and her family. They've been under the weather, so we missed out weekly dinner together. I hope we can make up for it today.

Despite my apparent complaining in the other thread ("I'm Getting Tired of Taking Lessons"), I'm not. I'm playing more than ever and having more fun that should be allowed doing so. The fingers on my left hand have turned to leather (back in my wild and reckless youth, I used to be able to extinguish cigarettes by simply crushing them between my fingers - I won't be doing that now, but it feels like I could!).

Wherever you are, enjoy the day. Remember,
    "Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. We only have the gift of today, which is why they call it 'the present.'"

Forum Member

Re: The "It's August Already?" Sunday Thread

Just so you are enjoying what you are doing!
    I have been neglecting all my guitars, only using them to try a new amp build. I really have been avoiding my Sho-Bud, my plan today is to lube, and restring, and start back into the lessons I bought years ago.

Yesterday was one of the most productive days I've had in many months, maybe even in a year. I had some movers relocate furniture from the house to the garage for eventual disposal. The downstairs bedroom is ready to have the wall-to-wall carpet removed and then we find out what condition the hardwood floor is in. I made two trips to the dump and I'll probably have 2 or more trips tomorrow depending on how the carpet removal goes. Then I've got to decide when I want to do the wallpaper stripping. August is going to be a very busy month. I hope to have both the studio desk and my workbench set up before September.

I've been playing a fair bit of guitar, stealing time here and there to go to my music room and play for a while instead of waiting until the end of the day when I'm often too tired. The honeymoon with the SG is going strong.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We don’t experience many days like this in late summer with low humidity and temps in the 70s here on the Wisconsin Lake Michigan lakeshore so it was a great day to put the top down on my wife’s Vette and head out for a fun morning with friends. For dining this afternoon we have fresh sweet corn from the farmer’s market so I know it’s going to be a great evening.

I hope everyone had a great day!